Friday, November 21, 2014

Rural Ministry #2


Look. It's not all country rust-belt dystopia in the rural ministry. After you say Morning Prayer (Mattins), take Blue Bedford Forest for a walk and drink some coffee, it's only a short drive to the fields.



Sometimes it's misty, which I like, it reminds me of England. 



Then, when you've taken the Sacrament to the sick, you can drive back to HQ, pick up Blue Eschaton and go off and shoot. He's adjusting to gunfire, fortunately for him.



Then, after Evening Prayer (Vespers), you can clean guns and have a glass of the right stuff.

So I'm not complaining. 

I love the country.

LSP




8 comments:

LL said...

Praise God and pass the ammunition.

Adrienne said...

I love fog, too.

I didn't know that Blue Jacob had a patch on one eye. He looks a little wild eyed in that photo. Perfect for you...

LL said...

Do you have a choice as to posting? Where will you go when your tour as brevet major of the Dallas Light Cavalry (Irregular) is up?

LSP said...

He does look a little crazy, Adrienne...

LSP said...

Good question LL. I get some choice but to be honest, I quite like this posting. So maybe I'll stay for a while longer. Of course we have a lawsuit to win/lose, which could shake tings up.

DLC? Ride on.

Brig said...

I love country life... fog not so much.

jenny said...

That picture of Blue Ears is hilarious. What a good dog for rural, shootin' parson.

LSP said...

I like the mist because it reminds me of England, tricky to drive in though.

As for Blue Zeke -- what a pair of ears...