Friday, March 13, 2015

Stations & Benediction


So what's up, LSP? You ask, in that questioning way. Well I'll tell you. I drove to Dallas in ferocious highway rain to give a Lenten sermon in that space between Stations of the Cross and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.

Get a Haircut

It was good to get out and I like the church and its people. My theme (set by the Rector) was, "Give us this day our daily bread." I was pleased to talk about that, and they're a good crew at St. Matthias, Dallas.

O Salutaris

Somehow, "deadly assault rifle" got into my sermon. Unlike "fire and movement." Must work on that.

Homiletic skills,

LSP

10 comments:

LL said...

I didn't see any mullahs there in the sermon. Is this a sign that you're not "inclusive"?

Brig said...

Go with God Padre. My bread baking skills are such that they easily be compared to an assault...
Go with God, Padre.

LSP said...

I have a feeling, LL, that i'm not in line for promotion within inclusive womynchurch.

LSP said...

And to you, Brighid!

Adrienne said...

It looks like a lovely church. I'm sure you did a fabulous job with your talk (sermon?)

Have a wonderful weekend. I'll be making our yearly flat cut brisket on Sunday along with the cabbage, carrots, onions, and taters. Hubby decided we should leave out the parsnips and rutabagas that my mom always added. I love "boiled" dinner as long as the cabbage is not overcooked. Firm/soft is my motto. Slobber those bad boys with tons of butter and salt and pepper. Heaven.

LSP said...

That sounds Very. Tasty.

Anonymous said...

Be very glad you're "not in line for promotion within inclusive womynchurch". As a bishop thereof, you'd have to deal with dim witted parishioners who just can not understand why Rite I, Eucharist I should be put out to pasture.

jenny said...

Adrienne, I'm not sure where you live, but I will be there tomorrow!!

Well done with the preaching, padre. I'm sure the rector knew that regardless of the subject he set, "deadly assault rifle" would feature somewhere. :)

LSP said...

Good point, Anonymous.

LSP said...

Thanks, Jenny. I know a few of the shooters in the congregation there and always like a good gun point in the homily...