Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Ride On


RP's philosophy is, I have land and I have horses, so I'm happy to share it, and I'm grateful for that, so I took a couple of bales of Coastal and two sacks of feed to this evening's ride, by way of saying thanks.



It was a fast ride, which I like, though we stopped to take in the scenery from time to time. From the top of one hill you could just make out trucks moving along the hideous nightmare that is I35. It felt good to be on horseback, viewing it from afar.



There's a number of ponds, or tanks, on the ranch, and some fish to caught. There's also deer, coyote, pigs and snakes. I didn't see any, though there's a logic to horseback hunting.

Good Philosophy

The porcuswine, or whatever, are used to livestock and won't spook at a horse if you ride up quietly on them. That's your opportunity to take a scout rifle, or a lever gun from your scabbard and shoot.



In other news, Vladimir Putin has accused Obama and other Western leaders of being "oatmeal heads." You can read all about it in ZeroHedge.

Ride on,

LSP

12 comments:

jenny said...

I like that first pic a lot.
You couldn't ask for prettier evening weather for these rides!

LSP said...

It was a great ride!

LL said...

You need background music: https://youtu.be/2KPplYp7K7M

LL said...

Or maybe the theme for "Have Gun, Will Travel"??

https://youtu.be/tgvxu8QY01s

LL said...

...or if members of the DLC screw up... https://youtu.be/_-Mnp6VAmEc

LSP said...

But sometimes things don't go so well for the opposition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B5lFuTUhso

LL said...

Little Bill Dagget had just built a house (that leaked) but never really got to enjoy it.

English Bob left town bitter.

William Munny found a new life with the $1,000 he earned from the whores.

LSP said...

What a neat movie -- English Bob as the comedy Brit "Duck of Death" was outstanding and Hackman seemed perfectly cast. And Munny? Perfect again. But that's just my opinion.

darlin said...

Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam...

Almost makes me want to go back and visit my friend with the rather large horse I bravely got on this summer and give this horseback riding another go, almost being the key word! lol Ahhh the life of a c'boy eh? Saddle up and lets ride. I now am going to go and see what type of music LL has requested for you as you ride, this could be good! :-)

Cheers.

LL said...

My favorite line came from Hackman/Little Bill after English Bob said that he thought that Little Bill died: fell off his horse, drunk, and broke his neck.

Little Bill confesses (1) He shaved off his chin whiskers because he kept tasting his soup a week after he ate it (2) He thought that he was dead too but it turned out that he was only in Nebraska...

David W. Peoples is a very gifted writer

LSP said...

Darlin, you should ride!

LSP said...

A great line, LL, and gifted's the word.