Saturday, October 17, 2015

Herding Cats


As I was saddling up, I was attacked by a herd of cats. They launched a frontal assault on my leg, which they climbed, like furry pirates.



When they weren't doing that, they launched wave attacks on my feet. It was hard to move, I tell you, but I shook them off, got on the horse and rode out.



The horse was a bit rebellious, doubtless shook up by the cat attack, but she got over it and we galloped up several hills, took in the scenery, and then went through some woods. Real woods, mind you, not your brush, Mesquite, impenetrable thicket woods. 



By the time we got back to the barn a small herd of cows had displaced the cats and that, readers, is the story of that.

I love riding,

LSP

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

There is absolutely nothing cuter than a baby kitteh - unless it's a whole bunch of baby kittehs. Glad you survived.

LSP said...

It was quite an attack...

LL said...

Alligators like kittens.

LSP said...

Cats roam, feral, on this ranch. I don't know if they're ever shot at.

Mattexian said...

While they're good for keeping down the rat population, they also do a number on birds and lizards, some of which are semi-endangered in Texas, like our famous "horned frog" (really a lizard). I'd want to keep down the feral cats by getting them fixed ASAP, if the ranch owner doesn't already. (Might be in doubt, since you were swarmed by kittens.)

jenny said...

beware the fierce squad of kittens!

Infidel de Manahatta said...

Perhaps they smelled dog on you and were going in for the kill?

LSP said...

Good point, Mattexian. I don't know if there's a cat cull there...

LSP said...

They were very fierce, Jenny. I survived, just.

LSP said...

Furry little Talibans, Infidel.