Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sunday Outlaws

Butch Cassidy in Fort Worth

Before the second Mass of the day I was talking with the MC in the sacristry, "This county has history of lawlessness and banditry. They'd drink, gamble, then shoot each other."

Aquilla. The hotel's gone now.

"I know. My sister's Grandfather-in-Law lived out by Aquilla, raising hell, 'til they hanged his partner and told him him to leave Texas, and not come back. So he went to Montana.

Billy the Kid

"I remember him. He used to sit there, with a wooden spittoon and a 6 gun, right next by."

Willie Nelson

We reflected on that, said our prayers, and worshiped God.

Have a blessed Sunday,

LSP


3 comments:

LL said...

"I remember him. He used to sit there, with a wooden spittoon and a 6 gun, right next by."

I don't chew tobacco and spit, but a handgun and an Arkansas Toothpick are usually not far away...

LL said...

Going back in time, I don't know if I would have been an outlaw or a lawman. I definitely wouldn't have been a victim/farmer hanging around to be robbed or scalped.

LSP said...

I'm not sure why, but I don't see you as a victim, LL.