Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Storm Front



Maybe it's because we don't pay enough carbon tax and don't have a ban on hi-cap magazines, but for whatever reason, it seemed like we were losing the War on Weather this morning. 

The sky began to turn green and the air became still in the Ozlike light. Very much the calm before the tornado which didn't come, although the rain did. Like a deluge. That meant I didn't go visiting this morning because I had to make the compound's sturdy tornado bunker (basement) available to the public.





Then the storm passed over and I made my rounds, visiting the sick, the dying and the bereaved. There's no shortage of these, unfortunately. But still, it meant stopping by a fine restaurant.





It also meant gauging the exponential growth of a chicken operation, and running cattle, to say nothing of pondering the militia presence in the local Walmart car park. 





It's all going on in the countryside, I tell you.

And the the storm is by no means over.

LSP

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great song.

Anonymous said...

Great weather song.

LL said...

Girl ya gotta love your man
Girl ya gotta love your man
Take him by the hand
Make him understand
The world on you depends
Our life will never end
Gotta love your man, yeah

LSP said...

Right on, Holly.

LSP said...

There were giants in those days, LL.

Fredd said...

Just for what it's worth, Pastor: Cowboy Killers (aka Marlboros) don't just kill cowboys. When I was in the army, we used to buy a carton of Marlboros at the commissary for $1.41, or approx. 14 cents a pack. I smoked three packs a day for 16 years straight, and then one day I woke up, had no smokes and went out to a vending machine to grab a pack. They were $2.00 a pack. I was so outraged, that I quit (1991). I was NOT going to pay $2 bucks for a pack of smokes. Now I guess they are $6 a pack, and in no danger of going out of business.

LSP said...

I know, Fredd. Have to give up -- again... expensive and bad for you.

LL said...

LSP, don't give them up for chew. I know you're in Texas but just don't.

LSP said...

No chew? It won't be easy, but whoever said life would be?

Mattexian said...

And don't fool yourself with that "vaping" stuff. My buddy is doing that, to quit the regular ones, and he quotes a lot of info that sounds like the old ad copy for cigarettes. (One that stands out, was that the serving of boiled greens on my plate of hospital food had more nicotine than his canister of vaping solution.) I suppose it could be a viable alternative if one *needs* that physical part of one's routine, but I think in the long run one is better off just quitting. My F-i-L did it a few years back, substituted candy for a little while, til his belt started getting tight. He also gave up coffee, because that was part of his routine with cigarettes. (Ya have a cup, ya gotta have a smoke; I think it's in the rules.)

LSP said...

Good advice!