Thursday, December 22, 2016

It's a Wrap



Driving to the metrosprawl down the kamikaze Corridor of Fame, I35, is never fun but sometimes you have to do it. For example, perhaps you have to get presents for people, the kind of gifts you can't get at Walmart or the pawns.


NICE

So I took life in my hands, climbed in the rig and drove to Dallas on a quest for gifts. That meant a bookshop.


NOT NICE

North Park mall, insane traffic, a return to HQ and placing the carefully chosen items under the tree. I thought it looked good, Christmas style.


NICE

There also seemed to be a lot of presents this year, far more than usual. Why is that? The answer's obvious, there's a new sheriff in town. More gifts for everyone in...

#TrumpsAmerica

LSP


6 comments:

LL said...

Merry Christmas to you, your family and all who gather. And you should have a few moments to relax built into the program as well.

Adrienne said...

You're a brave man, LSP. Your tree is beautiful.

LSP said...

And to you, LL. I was going to get you that unicorn book...

LSP said...

Thanks, Adrienne. I think it looks good!

LindaG said...

I do wish we had stopped at a bookstore while there, but it was better to be in and out quickly.
We saw several near misses while there.

Number 2 son drove the second vehicle home, and wanted to do so on his own. Thankfully my prayers were answered and he arrived home safely (as did we!) the day after we did. Having been and Army vet, he had never seen any of Texas before, so we let him have a little side trip.

We don't do a tree any more, but I like looking at everyone's lights.

Hope you all have a safe, Blessed weekend. Merry Christmas!

LSP said...

Glad it all worked out OK, Linda!