Monday, December 19, 2016

Melania Mondays!



Hey everyone, it's time for Melania Mondays! and the latest news in the life of our nation's stylish and popular First Lady.

Unsurprisingly, designers are lining up to dress the glamorous presidential consort. Diane von Furstenburg, Tommy Hillfiger, Sam and Libby Edelman and now Calvin Klein.




When asked by a reporter if he would make clothes for Melania, Klein stated the obvious, "Of course I would." 


Michelle Obama in a gunny sack, right, with two women

Other dress makers have been less forthcoming, preferring to outfit Michelle Obama in what some commentators call "gunny sacks."




That's over now. Thanks, Melania!

LSP


16 comments:

LL said...

Michelle is a dump truck, Melania is a Ferrari. I predict that she will set the bar very high for all First Ladies to come.

Chas S. Clifton said...

Not related to the lovely Melania, but have you read That Was the Church That Was yet? You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll stomp around the room screaming . . .

Jules said...

I think Jackie O might've already done that, LL!

Adrienne said...

This is like the second coming of Jackie O.

I just wish she would stop lining the inside of her lower lid - it makes her eyes look all squinty. Besides - it's not good for your eyes.

Diane Von Furstenberg - designer of the most perfect dress, ever - the wrap dress. Everyone (except Mooch) looks great in a wrap dress.

Euripides said...

A Melania. Here's one of the best reasons to have Trump in office.

LSP said...

I like the comparison, LL. Nicely put.

LSP said...

I have, Chas, with exactly your described result...

LSP said...

Good point, Jules! I'll leave you and LL to prepare an agreed statement.

LSP said...

Good eye advice for the First Lady, Adrienne. And for sure, Mooch didn't look good in anything. What a relief that's gone.

LSP said...

Euripides, I totally agree.

Unknown said...

I think Melania is set to surpass Jackie...

Mattexian said...

Padre, if'n I recall, the pic of Moochelle is her with the First Ladies of France and Italy. Definitely a stark contrast.

I certainly won't mind a beautiful Slavic lady as one of the faces of this incoming administration.

LindaG said...

And Michelle's skirt is quite wrinkled...
I hope Melania keeps whoever she uses now.

LSP said...

She might well, BW.

LSP said...

Well spotted and well said, Mattexian!

LSP said...

Linda, I think Melania will stay on top of this one. Not that I'm an expert.