Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Winter Solstice Pagan Hi-Jinx!



Guess what, readers. It's the Winter Solstice! That means you get to worship the rebirth of the sun on the shortest day of the year and goof-off at the sacred circle, where the wizard sages sat. And steal stuff, along with all the other hippies.


Cheer up Pagans! Someone steal your Giro?

Don't bother about taking a shower or anything: 1. There isn't one and 2. You don't do that anyway. But go right ahead and get down with all the other thieves druids, just don't freak out when you end up in a Wicker Man and it's on fire.


Moonsong. A Priest of Pan

In related news, a self-described "priest of Pan," called Moonsong, wasn't too happy when Maine's Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BVM) wouldn't let him wear goat horns for his photo i.d. 


A Typical Pagan State i.d.

So Moonsong got in touch with the ACLU and before you could say "lawsuit," the BVM backed down and Moonsong gets to wear his goat horns. You can read the whole thing here.




What do we think about that, here at the Compound? It's obviously a great victory for pagans everywhere. But here's a thought, worshipers of the Horned God. What'd you do if the real deal turned up?

Mind how you go,

LSP






8 comments:

LL said...

So does that mean that I can wear a plastic halo when I get my DMV photo taken, or is that accommodation only for the horned?

LSP said...

LL, rumor has it that you've been operating in deep cover at the "Henge." I didn't see you in any of the photos. QED?

LL said...

I am a master of disguise. If you look at the one photo, there is a skinny, 3' 6" tall girl. That was me today when the photo was snapped, but please don't let on.

Euripides said...

I spotted LL immediately at the rites, but did he spot me?

P.S. I was the one wearing the glasses.

P.P.S. May your Winter Solstice be filled with the Spirit of Christmas LSP.

Jules said...

Oh, I thought I had to take part in all these yule frolics since they have a feast of Juul…Bonfires, eating, drinking, naked dancing…no different to any other day! ;P

LSP said...

LL, I won't say a word.

LSP said...

That was you, Euripides?!? You're up there with LL... and thanks for the converting message!

LSP said...

Juliette, whoever said life'd be easy?