Sunday, December 18, 2016

Carols



Everyone's singing carols and Christmas hymns and getting in the spirit; I did too this evening, and loved it, beautiful. I like Adeste Fidelis, O Come, All Ye Faithful, what words! Lo he abhors not the Virgin's womb, or the refrain itself, O come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant. 

There's a grandeur, magnificence and intimacy to that. At least there is for me, the joyful swell of the faithful greeting the Word made Flesh, come into the world as a baby. The gates of hell, says the word, will not prevail against such a thing.

Here's a different expression of the same mystery, from Russia. 




Fools have thought throughout history that they could take on Russia and win. They've thought the same thing about the Church, the Mystical Body of Christ, and they've always lost. I'll resist the temptation to comment on the satanist, John Podesta and Team Clinton.

God bless,

LSP

8 comments:

LL said...

Song provides that essential outlet for the soul that can be found in no other way. The melodic joining provides that group experience in spirituality that is so missing from our culture on most occasions. People become one in that way both in Christ and with each other in the human family.

Jules said...

I like how you resisted that temptation there, LSP. Such control.
O come let us adoooooooore him! Descant. Love it. It's like angels have arrived.

Anonymous said...

beautifully done Adeste Fidelis, thanks LSP. I really liked the troika in the Russian piece also.
my church has been singing Gaude Gaude Emmanuel for Advent, acapella. It's my favorite and now I'm learning some of it in Latin. Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSRocN1dTrM

--breadandbullets

LindaG said...

Thank you, Parson. God bless.

LSP said...

Well said, LL, totally agree.

LSP said...

Control, Jules, is key. What a great angelic hymn!

LSP said...

Thanks for the link, Anonymous. Beautiful.

LSP said...

My pleasure, Linda.