Friday, March 6, 2020

This is Crazy



A call, urgent, "This is crazy. They're buying all the toilet paper, you would say 'loo roll' or 'Andrex' but it's the same, and the shelves are empty. Send money. They're goddam tasering people."

"Hey, use backyard snow, it's safer. Who knows where that stuff was even made. Stand by for transfer."


All Means All

Thirty minutes later, cold, hard cash was on its way to loo roll stricken Calgary via ones and zeros, Walmart to World digital. Business over, I checked out the store. 


A Doomed Fool is Saved. By a Hero?

Plenty of bathroom tissue on the shelves, and I bought some, now there's less. But what about rice? Lots left, boil it first. 


Plenty of Loo Roll, in Texas

Over at the Pick 'n Steal the radio was on and playing a warning, "Wash your hands, we have this well contained. Do not panic." Maria was rattled, nervous, "I'm trying to sell these things and listen to, you know, this. They're shutting down schools and everything."


You Can Indict a Ham Sandwich

Maybe we should've shut the border with Communist, Godless China long ago. Maybe we should never have opened that border in the first place, and allowed the Bolsheviks to stew and ferment in their own version of hell masquerading as heaven. But no, smart people had to make money.




As ye reap, friends, so shall ye sow. Hope you're all prepped up and ready to bug-in before the shelves empty.

Cheers,

LSP

16 comments:

LL said...

I feel guilty using toilet paper now... not that guilty... but there are banana leaves in the jungle. I could make a dash out and collect those, saving actual toilet rolls for the needy. But I'm a selfish bastard at heart, which means I'm going to leave banana leaves for others.

LSP said...

But LL, you know the old adage, what would Skorzeny say?

I think you're wise, let them use the banana leaves.

Adrienne said...

Let's see - 20 rolls in my bathroom, 20 rolls in the hub's bathroom, and an unopened 48 pack in the closet. I think we'll be okay.

Freezer full of great food and even some freeze dried stuff. Good there too.

The only thing missing from my WallyWorld is hand sanitizer, but I've already explained that 8 bars of Zest is $2.98 and does a better job.

drjim said...

We should be good for well over two months before we bust out the reserves.

LSP said...

Adrienne, they're going crazy over *paper.

Huh.

Panic hasn't set in here, yet.

LSP said...

Well done, drjim. Smart.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that I see no concern over Muslim toilet hygiene. (I mean, people do know they use their left hand to wipe?) They don't even use tp, are we to trust that they wash well? Should be scoured actually. Given that many now work in the health field, why doesn't anyone ever mention this? I guess it's too Islamophobic.

Kid said...

My Wife works at Costco. They were sold out yesterday. We've always kept a good supply so don't really need any more.

If you can't find hand sanitizer, you can make your own with aloe vera lotion and at least 60% rubbing alcohol.

LSP said...

Anon, I hadn't thought about that but now I have. What an excellent point.

Kizmet.

LSP said...

There's no shortage here, Kid, but that'll change as soon as the thing surfaces in the Metrosprawl and beyond.

Isn't soap, regular soap, supposed to be more effective? Cheaper, too.

Kid said...

Soap? No, I don't think so sir.

LindaG said...

As I have read, hand soap and warm/hot water kills some germs, hand sanitizer kills other germs.

Julie Culshaw said...

A couple of solutions to make your own sanitizer.

https://www.agardenforthehouse.com/2020/03/hand-sanitizer-who-formula/

LSP said...

Noted, Kid.

LSP said...

Good point, Linda. Cover ALL the bases.

But let's not fear the reaper.

LSP said...

Thanks, Julie, helpful.