Monday, April 18, 2016

Texas Floods!



Those of you who know I35 know that it's a difficult, treacherous and brutish highway. Now it's flooded, and desperate refugees make their way over the watery grave of this once great transit corridor on the floating debris of abandoned farms and derelict strip malls. 


A Typical Texas Street Scene

It's like Waterworld, but worse, far worse. Smart people had boats and got to them in time, others had the good fortune, or was it good sense? to live on high ground. They were the lucky ones.


El Nino

If only this once great state had had the foresight and sheer common sense to acknowledge the settled science of anthropocentric global warming and pay its weather tax. If only. Now that opportunity is gone and Texas is yet another victim, a casualty, in the War on Weather.

Your Friend,

LSP

8 comments:

LL said...

I take it that you're on your raft, looking for an island, drifting on the wind. You should have built an ark and sailed it down I-35 to Austin. Just to prove a point.

LSP said...

I have a small boat, fortunately. What seems to be happening is that people are banding together into an impromptu Navy. I see that setting sail for Austin down the I35 channel. Sure, they'll have their own water force; I don't see that as a serious threat.

Fredd said...

Didn't I already warn you guys about boats?

LSP said...

And just look at the mess they're in on those rafts on the Mighty 35. Moneypits. Warning heard.

Adrienne said...

I saw a bunch of pics on a local station. Not a pretty sight. Most of what was under water in Houston was around my old stomping grounds in SW Houston.

Brig said...

Just holler if you need any help, I can hook up ol Ugly to Hank, load up Dad, and be there in a day. Take care, Padre.

LSP said...

Houston's been really swamped, Adrienne. It's not so bad here, just wet and too muddy for anything less than a 4x4 to go off road, grrr....

LSP said...

Thanks, Brighid! Maybe that'd boost my fishing fortunes, please. Actually, I haven't done too badly (for me) on the rod and and reel front, lately.