Sunday, January 10, 2021

Winter Wonderland!

 



It started off as cold, sleety rain, and then our Old Adversary the Weather escalated the fight. Yes, it began to snow. "Well that's exciting," I thought as I fired up a Mission for Mass, "Snow, in Texas." But here's the thing, it didn't stop, on the contrary, it intensified.

By the time Mass was over and we opened the doors of the church and looked outside, there it was, a veritable winter wonderland. "Haven't seen anything like this in ten years," said one churchman. "This is more snow than we had in Oklahoma," said another, mysteriously. And I agreed, we haven't seen this much snow here since the great Global Warming blizzard of 2010. Exciting.




Back at the Compound I started getting calls from Mission #2. Like, "We've had to turn around, padre, sorry about that," or, "We fishtailed on 56 and headed back, didn't want to risk it." Also the power was down in the area, so we called a snow day on the service and I emailed the crew with a "make your Spiritual Communion" reminder. Then what?




Brush the snow off your rig and take a recce through town. No small thing, I tell you. It was like the Kharkov Front, or maybe Narnia. Still, I wasn't complaining, it's rare to see anthropogenic global warming like this in the great state of Texas.




I know, same-old, same-old for everyone living north of the border, but a big thing here. So too, apparently, with the Corpse and the Whore's incoming ascension to power; all the shotgun ammo was gone at Walmart yesterday, no fooling. Never seen such a thing before, make of it what you will.

In the meanwhile, snow continues to fall.

LSP

15 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Out of shotgun shells? "A Country Boy can Survive", HW Jr.?

Adrienne said...

Wow! That's pretty exciting for your neck of the woods, LSP. While you're right in some ways it's ho-hum for us northern types, I still get excited the first time it snows each winter so I know how you feel. However, after the first bit of white, I wish it would just stop. This year is turning out with almost zero snow. In fact, I suspect I might manage some time cleaning up the back yard garden next week.

Biden is Not My President (and never will be.)

Infidel de Manahatta said...

I blame Trump and those nasty extremists on Parler for your snow. Good thing Parler is being shut down!

Old NFO said...

Sigh, you get snow, and up here all we get is...rain!

Kid said...

Looks like fun and the roads won't be packed either. They're even empty here in Cincinnati when it snows, unless it snows while everyone is already at work then it's 2 mph if you're lucky going home.

Ed Bonderenka said...

40 and sunny here in Michigan!
Thanks for taking our weather.

LL said...

The weather is reacting to the great donkey win. Global Warming is over. Just keep those taxes pouring in.

drjim said...

Sweet Little Wife has a friend in Austin, and she called today, all excited about the snow.

LSP said...

Good call, WSF! And I have a reserve but wow, NEVER seen the store run out of shotgun ammo.

LSP said...

I know what you mean, Adrienne. Even when I lived in Calgary the first snow was always exciting and magical seeming. Mind you, when it got to March and there seemed no end in sight it became, errr, less enthralling.

Weird how leftists want us to accept Biden as President as 4 years of "not my president!" Hypocrites.

LSP said...

Infidel, we must thank our progressive rulers for giving us Amazon.

LSP said...

Sorry, NFO!

LSP said...

Ed, glad to steal some of your snow!

LSP said...

I was thinking exactly that, LL. Texas gets hit with snow? A Red state? Go figure, time you persyns paid a whole lot more tax.

LSP said...

drjim, I know it's not an exceptional thing for you but it's VERY exciting in Hill County. Once in a decade kinda deal :)