Thursday, January 21, 2021

Go To Church

 


Preferably with lots of incense, which indicates the prayers of the saints and elevates the spirit to God. Regardless, it was good to drive over to Arlington, which is a suburb of the DFW Metrosprawl, and assist Mass at St. Albans, Arlington.




Which was good. Fr. CC was installed as Master of our province of the Society of the Holy Cross (SSC) and and all was well. And here's the thing, the SCC was set up as a missional society of priests, to claim and defend catholicism for our part of the Church, Anglicanism.




CC will do well at that and I'll support him, 100%, wholeheartedly. Part of this might include skeet shoots, it's happened before. In the meanwhile, consider the power, for good, of a united Christian witness against the evil of age.

Your Pal,

LSP


4 comments:

Ok in Oklahoma said...

Brother, I have found encouragement in your blog. We as god fearing peoples need to stand together in prayer and supplication.

drjim said...

the SCC was set up as a missional society of priests, to claim and defend catholicism for our part of the Church, Anglicanism.

I remember a "Holy Cross Society" from my days of growing up a Roman Catholic. My Dad, who assisted Sunday Mass, was also somehow associated with it, but I don't remember any details. I was too young to understand a lot of the organizations within the Church, but I knew it was Important.

LSP said...

Thanks, Ok, I appreciate that. And we surely do.

LSP said...

It's a good society, drjim, and in this part of of the church a priestly one. It was inspired by the work and charism of St. Vincent de Paul. Here's a link:

http://www.sscamericas.org/

God bless.