Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Revival?

 



Keen-eyed observers of the religious scene may have noticed the stirring of what looks very much like the beginnings of a revival in the Catholic sphere. This year's Eucharistic Congress in the US, the first in some EIGHTY years, is a prime case in point. A great outpouring of faith, not least sacramental.

In Europe? Perhaps something similar, see Cologne's Te Deum, numerous pilgrimages and the flourishing of "ancient faith communities," i.e. people who actually believe and attempt to practice, by the grace of God, the Faith handed down by Christ to the Apostles. We call it orthodoxy. Is this some kind of sea change?




Maybe so. For decades, the Church is monumentally slow, we've been stuck in the ersatz groove of the now ancient, ahem, modernist rebellion of "church renewal." 

Get rid of Altars, Liturgy and all of that triumphalist, elitist music; replace the glory by felt applique banners, guitar playing nuns, liturgical dance, trans marriage, rainbow flags, abortion, and wymxn priestesses. All the colors of the rainbow. Then watch the people applaud and fill the pews.


NO

Except that they didn't, they left the Church in droves, and who can blame them. Why join a Church which reflects your disbelief back to yourself? And that's just it; the people who vandalized and continue to vandalize the Body of Christ, the Mystici Corporis, are faithless apostates who've swapped out the truth of the Gospel for some kind of pathetic watered down, pseudo-pious Marxism. Or, to call out the perverse unicorn in the room, for homosexual sex. 

Enough, stand against this iniquity, and tell your priest to put that Altar back against the wall. Maybe concrete it in.

Ad Orientem,

LSP

10 comments:

LL said...

I don't see a major shift. But I'm not close to the issue as you are.

Beans said...

Oh, thank God.

The rise of Opus Dei, started in 1928 but gaining in speed only in the late 70s and 80s, and the Latin Mass were directly in response to the progressivism and de-mystifying of the Church.

Seriously, if I was alone and had the scratch, I'd do a couple pilgrimages in France.

The Catholic Church seems to have forgotten it's way, and forgotten it's younger members.

The excommunication of ArchBishop Vigrano did no favors to the higher church.

infidel de manahatta said...

You had me at liturgical dance.

But seriously. I'm shocked. SHOCKED I tell you that the rubes in the pews don't appreciate liturgical dance.

Wild, wild west said...

Well, ya know, as Protestant swine, old WWW don't know nothin' 'bout that liturgical dance thing, but it do sound kinda familiar for reasons I can't quite put my finger on......oh, wait....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTZ5tqas1k

LSP said...

LL, I see it stirring. Per post, the Eucharistic Congress in the US is a big thing. Seriously.

LSP said...

With you on France, Beans, most definitely. I've been watching the vids, impressive.

LSP said...

It is odd, Infidel. And why haven't they come flocking to the wymxn? Weird.

LSP said...

Wild, what a great infovid!

Beans said...

Do a pilgrimage or two in France, do one or two in Spain/Portugal.

Sadly the ability to reasonably and safely do the pilgrimages to the Holy Land from Antioch are subject to the same terrorism and horror treatment by the very people that were the direct cause of the Crusades to the Holy Land. If you know what I mean.

Walking 10-20 miles a day. Be good exercise, be good for the soul, be able to pick up French and Spanish while getting one with God. Ah, well, stuck here so I guess I'll just have to do a virtual pilgrimage or two (and now that I thought that thought I wonder if there are virtual pilgrimages on line, will check later.)

Beans said...

First time I saw it I just about stood up and walked out. It was one of the many reasons the Church left me and not me leaving the Church.