Friday, July 7, 2023

Kulture



Our Vice President Kamala Harris leapt upon the philisophic stage last week at the Essence Festival of Culture, whatever that is. De essentia in mind, a moderator asked Kamala, our second most important ruler, about the nature of culture. She replied:


Culture is, it is a reflection of our moment and our time. Right? And present culture is the way we express how we’re feeling about the moment and we should always find times to express how we feel about the moment. That is a reflection of joy. Because, you know, it comes in the morning (laughing).

We have to find ways to also express the way we feel about the moment in terms of just having language and a connection to how people are experiencing life. And I think about it in that way, too.

 

Just having a language. You'll recall the godless pride of Babel was confounded, and I'm reminded of a time many years ago in seminary when an overweight young man complained about children being given rosaries in Sunday School.

"I don't like it, it looks really cultic." I looked my adversary in the eye and said, "No culture without cult, look it up, I dare you." Of course he didn't. And here's the thing, get rid of the cult, the worship and belief which undergirds, sustains and propels the people of the West and by extension the world, and you're left with barbarous gibberish or even worse, tyranny.




We've pretty much destroyed our worship here in the West, 2000 years of it, of the beauty of holiness, and behold the result, the confusion of the Pit, which when asked of culture says, "That is a reflection of joy. Because, you know, it comes in the morning (laughing)."

Quite, maybe she was high.

Ad Altare Dei,

LSP

18 comments:

Beans said...

She's not high, that's the sound of the windchimes in her head blowing in the wind.

And, yes, deliberately removing the mysteries and the pageantry (for the little people) has taken the cult out of our culture.

I think that's why Opus Dei has a following in the Roman Catholic Church. they try to return to the old ways. Contrary what Dan Brown wrote about.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

How someone who finished fifth in her home state Presidential primary was a good choice for V.P. is ludicrous. I should call her a bimbo but that would overstate her credentials.

Prodigal Son said...

In terms of Cammie as veep, I believe there are terms that can bring us to the essence of her term and that we can use terms that describe the term she is having. The terms can be real terms or imagined terms since her term is not yet terminal. I search for terms that she uses to move the masses along the journey of her term as veep. In terms of her favorite terms, I find "in terms of" to be her favorite term.

BURP...

Sorry, I think I need to find a term that helps me come to terms with her term as veep.

Prodigal Son said...

"Barbarous gibberish?"

My dear LSP: how dare you equate her mastery of the English language with such a judgmental label.

You should appreciate her acute and insightful usage of so broad a range of linguistic offerings.

Sounds to me like you need some joy in your life. The joy that comes in the morning is best. Because it is a special joy that only comes in the morning. And every morning should bring joy. The joy of the morning is special because it is a joy that only comes in the morning. And morning gives us the best time to experience joy. To joyfully experience the joy in the morning makes the morning more joyful.

Alas! It is evening and morning joy must wait until morning. And then we can all experience joy in the morning joyfully!

Wild, wild west said...

"What a maroon." - Bugs Bunny.

glasslass said...

Prodigal Son That may be some of the funniest of Kammie mindless spiels I've ever seen. Both of them. My suggestion is take two tums, lie down and wait for tomorrow's joy.

Dad of Six said...

She checked almost the boxes for the diversity crowd. Not a lesbian or a tranny, but provided enough 'companionship' to Willie Brown to cover for the shortcoming. She, along with Mike Obama, remain the gold standard for Affirmative Action results.

Old NFO said...

She is truly scary...

seanachie said...

This comment has absolutely nothing to do with KH's ramblings.
But I just felt the need to comment on a movie my wife and I saw last night, "The Sound of Freedom", which is based upon a very true story. It's a tough one to sit through. There was not a single person in the theater that was not moved to tears. Both of us, and several others, as we left commented about "Epstien's Island" and why hasn't anything been done to bring to justice those who have exploited children. I strongly urge all LSP's followers to go and see it and to prayerfully consider how to best respond.

LSP said...

I'm not against Opus, Beans, but note how the Founder was almost always smiling and his followers seem rather grim. Also, I think they're pretty Novus Ordo. OK, not my jurisdiction, but still.

The destruction of our liturgy, the immemorial worship of the West, cult if you like, is a vast and ongoing crime.

We need need to reclaim that ground.

LSP said...

I think, WSF, we're talking diversity hire.

LSP said...

Prodigal, you've become a philologist! Perhaps.

Dear Lord, that we've come to this, the most powerful country in the world, driven insane by Satan.

Note how Babel is confounded.

LSP said...

Right with you, Wild.

LSP said...

glasslass, he was channeling...

LSP said...

DOS, I try to forget our Messianic God King Obama. Now we just have these crooked old frauds, mountebanks and... I won't say whores.

LSP said...

Right up at the top of things, NFO.

LSP said...

I need to see it, seanachie, and I know it's good. Have you seen Nefarious? I thought it one of the best demon movies ever, worth the price.

seanachie said...

I have yet to see the movie, but have the book.