Thursday, March 16, 2017

YETI Rambler Review



Some of the three or four people that follow this kebab stand on the information superhighway may have noticed that I couldn't afford a gun at Ray's gunshop in Dallas the other day, so I bought a mug, the YETI Rambler, 20 oz Tumbler. What's it like?




Mine came in handsome brushed steel with a clear plastic top, complete with YETI embossed across the bottom of the mug. So far so good, what an attractively designed brushed steel tumbler. Here's the marketing:


With the Rambler 20 oz. Tumbler, your beverages will stay ice cold or piping hot longer. We over-engineered these double-wall insulated tumblers with an 18/8 stainless steel body, which means your drink still keeps its temperature no matter how much of a beating this cup takes...
All to say, these Ramblers Tumblers are the colored YETI cups that will keep your drink cold (or hot) until the very last sip.


And the verdict? The YETI Rambler 20 oz Tumbler actually works and kept my coffee "piping hot" for ages. Excellent, what a great mug, but I have a bone to pick with YETI. Can the Rambler really keep my drink's temperature regardless of the beating I give the cup? In other words, is the YETI Rambler well nigh indestructible? We'll find out in the next YETI Rambler review. Perhaps an axe will be deployed, wait and see.




In the meanwhile, all you lesser travel mugs, move over for the YETI Rambler. It will keep your drink cold or hot, for a long, long time and costs between $19 and $30.

Get one, if you like,

LSP

11 comments:

LL said...

You'd think that the Yeti (abominable snowman) would keep things cold, not hot.

Maybe a test on ice tea (with lemon) is in order?

Jules said...

Shoot it.

Adrienne said...

I think I'd have to go with the Ozark Trail mug from Walmart. Exactly the same, but costs $9.74. Seriously. People who have Yeti's have done comparisons and come to the conclusion that they are exactly the same.


https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/171452737

LSP said...

Good call, LL. And I happen to know that the Rambler does well on that score.

LSP said...

But Juliette, will the bullets ricochet off? I guess we'd better find out.

LSP said...

Adrienne, you have a VERY good point. I'll do a compare/contrast review and maybe end up shooting both. Which one is more bullet proof?

Adrienne said...

Since the reviewers claim they're exactly the same, I would shoot the Ozark 'cause it cost less.

And I certainly didn't post that to make you feel bad - like I was calling you dumbbell for paying so much. Really! I just stumbled into the whole thing while doing my due diligence, which simply started with looking up the Yeti on Amazon. You know I'm incapable of getting out of bed in the morning without researching the whole subject. It's an illness to which they have not discovered a cure. However, I don't think it's fatal except to the time wasted.

Mattexian said...

So far I've loved my 30 oz. RTIC cup in hunting camo. Lots of iced tea has flowed in and out of it. Several times I've brought it full (ok, half-full) to work and stowed it in my locker and enjoyed the cool refreshment for the drive home. I'm planning on getting a matching camo 20 oz. mug for my dad's birthday in a couple of months, since finding them at my local HEB Plus.

Brig said...

I agree with Adrienne. Yeti is all hip hype as far as I'm concerned, the wal-mart Ozark trail is every bit as good, hot or cold. Yeti's are just overpriced Chinese stuff, I know this because I have both. I must say I didn't pay a quarter of the full price for the Yetis, that I found in a little store tucked away in a fishing camp, in the mountains of Oregon.
Oh and if you must Yeti, buy the Yeti stickers, and put them on the Ozarks, no one can tell the difference from a distance...

DRINCO said...

Now the best stainless steel tumbler from Drinco along with you and your family keep rejuvenating yourself with your favorite beverage. Enjoy every sip of your wine, cocktail, water or coffee. So hurry up, gear up for summer with this stainless steel insulated tumbler.

Home Accessories said...

https://onlinedealkart.com/product/yeti-rambler-30-oz-stainless-steel-vacuum-insulated-tumbler-w-magslider-lid-harbor-pink/