Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Shoot! It's Spring



The day didn't start off well; I wasn't happy about the marketing stunt Walmart had pulled on its T shirts. These have been rebranded as "Extreme Sports Temp," in the hope that no one notices that once good T shirts are now flimsy rubbish. Way to go, Marketeers. So, to put things straight I put some guns in the rig and headed out to the range to celebrate the first day of spring.




As always, it was great to get out in the country with the guns, in this case an AR15, a Glock 21 and a Ruger American .22. Nothing too adventurous, just some relaxing target practice in the sunny Texan spring. And some pest control.




That's right, a unicorn had sneaked into the range and had to be dealt with. They're a menace, I tell you. Just look at their horns, they'll gore you, given half the chance.





So I didn't waste any time dealing with the threat. Will 5.56 and .45 take down a unicorn? Yes, they will and the Glock 21 proved especially effective at neutralizing the deceptively fluffy enemy at close range. Take that, unicorn.





Herd control over, I finished off with some gentle plinking against the range's steel plates. Remember to breathe, was my note to self.

Shoot over, it was time to head back to the Compound, mission accomplished and a good day had by all, except the unicorn. You can watch aspects of this curious adventure here.

Gun rights,

LSP

6 comments:

LL said...

Shooting with LSP - bagged the unicorn, now for some unicorn steaks. I've heard that they are delicious.

Adrienne said...

Good Lord in heaven! Not only do you make me look at dead doves, but now, NOW - I have to witness you blowing up a pink unicorn. Have you no mercy?

Jules said...

Where's the obliterated evidence?

LSP said...

Some people don't like them, LL. They prefer sipping foamy coffee drinks in their onesies while they contemplate the next slice of fried tofu. I prefer steak, that's just me.

LSP said...

Adrienne, I apologize. I try to keep things nice but it's not always easy! Especially when a rogue unicorn creeps onto the range...

LSP said...

Juliette, it was all there in glorious technicolor until I noticed, when home, that it wasn't. Not enough memory in the camera, or a tripod.

I know a bad workman blames his tools but... must get better kit!