Thursday, January 11, 2024

Driving Into The Sun

 



It was like some kind of Golden Void on the way down 22 to Mass this evening and no complaints from me on that score, all hail the countryside. Then, ite missa est, it was time to head back to the Compound, except it wasn't.

No, a young couple asked me to bless their marriage. It was an heterosexual marriage, so I did. Well done kids, long may you reign in this dark and barbarous age. Then, no sooner Texas said than done, the Compound opened its storied doors and there it was, home.




Result, but immediately a call, "What's up, son?" a pause, "Hey dad, I'm in town." Well done you, and a few minutes later in came a soldier storming through with a Whataburger and a Green to Gold packet. Good work, kid.

Seriously, it'd be a grand thing if the erstwhile Cadet became an actual Cadet. Let's see how this goes.

Salve,

LSP

10 comments:

LL said...

It's John's way forward.

LSP said...

100% LL, his call. We've done our best.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Brave man, given today's military.

LSP said...

I think his unit's good, WSF, but yes.

Beans said...

Good on him.

May God shine on him and keep him safe in the service of our country.

Wild, wild west said...

A feller I know recently retired as a full bird Colonel after 34 years, including the first 14 as enlisted, obviously starting as a buck private.

So, it can be done.

I wish him well, and the wisdom to keep his own counsel. He'll know when it's time to go and pray God he listens.

Paul M said...

Clearly you have done your job in rearing a terrific son. Well done...and "thank you!" to him for his continued service to our country despite the shape She's currently in by the moonbeam atheist morons.

LSP said...

Thanks, Beans, I'll pass that on.

LSP said...

My dear Wild, it's an incredibly easy thing, raising kids.

Kyrie Eleison. Patience, I believe, is a virtue and hey, seems to have paid off here. LL, btw, was a great help.

LSP said...

Paul, thank God his unit's sound, and I mean that.

Thanks for the plaudit, I appreciate that.