Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Stardust

 


I've always loved Mr. Nelson's Stardust, how could you not? For me, it brings back memories of grown-ups slow dancing in Denton in the '70's. Beautiful and I guess the album was new then, a far and magical cry from foggy, wet, Oxford. Behold:



Of course Willie's a local man and this little slice of rural paradise has produced a mural, don't call it a "muriel," that'd be rude. BTW, the older women of the church remember Willie and thought he didn't smell too good, "Needed a shower," was the consensus. Dam hippie.


Nice Muriel


Stardust,

LSP

2 comments:

Infidel de Manahatta said...

I always loved his version. Of course, in my humble opinion the Gold Standard when it comes to Stardust will always be Nat King Cole's version.

LSP said...

Infidel, there were giants in those days.

No, not giants of interpretive liturgical dance. That's a different thing again.