Friday, November 24, 2023

This And That

 

Get a haircut, fool


Well yesterday was fun, all about a standing rib, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes and carrots, delicious gravy and all of that. A young soldier and his Canadian pal approved of the feast. 

But today struck with a dead battery and headlight bulb in the kid's car and I tell you, removing a battery and replacing a bulb in an '04 Chevy Trailblazer isn't as easy as you'd think. Canadian friend likened it to "heart surgery." He had a point.


Big Baby

Then the kids went fishing and drove off to Austin to hang out with some Polish people and, I guess, hippies, it being Austin and all. I did not go to Austin but stayed at the Compound, where it's safe, and RV'd with some Mexicans at the church.

What good people, who set up the church's "sound system" for the new Spanish Mass this coming Sunday. I do not use a "sound system" because I kinda hate them in church, but for them it's important. So hey, carry on and el Senor sea con ustedes.

That aside, I find this... hypnotic, perhaps you will too:




Cheers,

LSP

14 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nailed her... sigh...

Anonymous said...

That is sad! That woman with the pink hair is useless, and appears that her goal is to be useless. How sad that she doesn't want to use her God-given talents and do something useful with her life.

John ED

LSP said...

I find it hypnotic, NFO, watch on a loop.

LSP said...

Hi point, John? For me... "you have a degree?"

Well Seasoned Fool said...

She will change her tune when she gets hungry enough. She will still see herself as a victim of some sort.

LSP said...

Yes, WSF, hunger is a fearsome beast.

LL said...

You stayed clear of Austin - well done.

I'm happy that you're having fun.

LSP said...

Thanks, Colonel.

There was no way I was going to Austin, nossir.

Wild, wild west said...

"You look like someone who'd do that."

Surgical. Who is that surgeon? I wanna see more of her!

Dad of Six said...

Good doggeh!

Paul M said...

Haircut? That’s what ballcaps and cowboy hats are for, all purpose bad hair day accessories. But you do have an image to uphold for the congregants. I am thankful, considering our locale, MrsPaulM cuts mine when I start getting a bit shaggy.

I am convinced - like it used to be for those 30# bricks that GM called radios - that once radios got tiny that they began building some of these vehicle AROUND the batteries and headlight housings. You need to be a contortionist to get your fingers in there and twist no less to replace a lousy headlight bulb, or get that last 10mm bolt out “down there” to pull the battery clamp (assuming you can find your 10mm socket).

[Flashing lights in the rearview at 10:08pm]

“Problem officer?”
“pulled you over for a headlight out.”
“Officer, do you have any idea how to replace one of those headlight bulbs? The dealer can’t get me in until next month and wants $300 to do it. However, if you do know the trick then please show me so I can be DOT compliant without going bankrupt.”

It’s a cabal I tell ya.

LSP said...

Wild, serious talent. I'll research.

LSP said...

What a big baby, DOS! He ferociously barked at an invading duck the other, who waddled away unfazed by canine aggression (he was on a leash...).

LSP said...

Oh Paul, I was amazed. You had to take off the GRILL (plastic, obvs) before you could even get to bulbs. Then there's the battery. Thoroughly amazed my boy didn't lose it in justifiable rage.