Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Build a Gun Rack? Good Idea.


A whole new year needs a whole new project, so why not turn your study into a gun room? I thought to myself, incisively. That way I'd be able to study and hang out with my friends, the guns.

Someone's neat foldaway gun racks

Part of this might well entail fitting the room's sturdy work table for reloading. Another part will definitely mean getting a gun rack, maybe two. I think I will build one, out of wood.

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of Build Your Own Gun Rack!

Cheers,

LSP

8 comments:

LL said...

Having done that, let me suggest to you that the best gun rack doesn't look like a gun rack. I don't know what the lay out of the parsonage/fort is, but security is always a concern at different levels.

I might build one that looks like a steamer trunk and put crosses and what not that looks as if it's a storage box for scriptural reference books.

You should also research "Japanese boxes" with locks that are built into the wood and don't look like locks. Thus it is an apparently unlocked box of religious books...

LL said...

P. S. I don't use this anymore, but by way of example, I used a couple of large Coleman coolers as gun racks. In the garage, they just looked like stored coolers, but could be opened and closed to access firearms. I put hidden locks on them.

LSP said...

I was thinking about something like that...

LL said...

Blue Carpenter can help you by supervising your construction efforts.

jenny said...

LL has a good point. The break-ins around here are due to people looking for guns and drugs. That's all they want. If someone could see your guns on display, you might wind up missing some of them...

Worrying out of the way, I must say, I'm looking forward to installment #2. I like projects.

BillB said...

Use a small armoire/wardrobe with lock to hide the use.

Brig said...

I like all of LL's suggestions, especially the steamer trunk.
There are some good videos out there on concealed gun storage ideas.
Looking forward to the next chapter of your project, Padre.

LSP said...

Thanks for the ideas, which are all good.

Maybe I will make the room they're in safe. Like an armory.