Thursday, August 24, 2023

Urban Hellholes

 

it was bad then


Everyone here knows it but many choose to ignore it; Europeans can scarcely comprehend much less believe it, but our major cities are urban wasteland hellholes. Seriously, I'd email pals in the UK from Detroit in '98 and I don't think they believed me. 

No, fools. The urban, asset-stripped carnage of the Motor City seemed like hyperbole, mind blogging perhaps to them, wild exaggeration. But no, I was pulling punches. Here's Detroit:








Beautiful, isn't it. Here's Chicago:








And let's not forget the nation's Capitol, DC:




But perhaps you're wondering what happened to Gary Indiana:





And on, and on, and on.  Everywhere you look our cities are decaying into urban, hellhole wastelands. It's America's dirty little secret if you like, but not to worry, we have trans bathrooms, rainbow hurray! 

That aside, do you think the outward and visible reflects the inward and spiritual?



LSP

10 comments:

Infidel de Manahatta said...

I would like to be charitable but as a resident of a big city dump I have no sympathy for the residents of these cities.

They continue to vote Democrat. What did they expect? They got what they voted for. I say give it to them good and give it too them hard.

Dr. Swankenstein said...

I moved from Detroit to Minneapolis a decade ago, it seems that the urban decay followed me here. It was a decent city until "The Summer of Love" arrived in 2020, St George of Fentanyl sparked an instant decline of every metric that makes a city livable. I have shitloads of photos of the destruction that BLM and Antifa did to Minneapolis, I will share them with LSP for your viewing pleasure. As the LSP Mid Coast Correspondent it is my journalistic duty to share the evidence of societal collapse in a major US city.

Anonymous said...

Now search “Aurora Avenue, Seattle” for videos. That’s another kind of urban decay and not what I expected to see in the US.

Wild, wild west said...

Label those pics with another big city's name, and nobody would be the wiser. St. Louis, for example, or perhaps New Orleans.

N'Awlins still has areas not cleaned up since Hurricane Katrina in '05. Guess who's in charge there......

Beans said...

Yeah, well, at least they aren't full of those evil nasty right-wing birthing people who love their guns and... and...

Gah. Bastids. Seriously, those places need a firestorm and get rebuilt, but there's no nation to bail them out like we've bailed out everyone else.

LSP said...

Rock on, Infidel.

LSP said...

Looking forward to the photo essay, Herr Doktor.

LSP said...

I left that out, Anon, but yes.

LSP said...

I know, Wild. and to your point, "guess who's in charge."

I think everyone knows.

LSP said...

Beans, is there the cash to do so? Serious question.