Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Let's Cleanse The Palate - With Guns

 




Non-Binary clergy are great but have a nasty aftertaste, so let's cleanse the palate... with guns. A down to earth, practical, real world solution to bad craziness. I like Glocks, but that's just me.



Just some guns


But what am I saying? I like all kinds of guns, not least lowly Ruger American rimfires and ARs, of course. But what's wrong with shotguns? Nothing whatsoever.


CZ SxS

I'm inclined towards 20s these days, shoot all day and don't bust your shoulder, but there's no rule. Is SxS better than O/U? Good question and in answer? Get both.


SKS


SKS is cool too, obviously, and you get the added benefit of a bayonet which you can use as an ice pick, handy. Then there's the Lee. What a great weapon. Silky action, accurate if set up right and beautiful Edwardian lines. 


not a Lee


Speaking of which, I've got not one but two Lee project rifles on the go and we're all waiting for the go. Better get that sorted out, eh? But more on that anon. In the meanwhile, shoot straight.

#2A,

LSP

13 comments:

RHT447 said...

Not a Lee. Heh, looks vaguely familiar.

I dug out my Eddystone 1917 the other day to at least dust it off. (Hello darlin', did you miss me?). It has been far too long since I last shot it. I was mildly taken aback to find that I seem to have neglected writing down whatever load I used. Oh well, at least I have primers.

It also has red paint on the front wood, so served on duty in the U.K.

Anonymous said...

Nice one Parson, I have a lot of acquaintances in my safe....named Smith, Ruger, Glock, Henry, Browning, Winchester, Remington....they all feel good in my hands...they all perform as expected and are a lot of fun to hang out with....but there is one that is special....in the dark of night my hand will hover over the rest, hesitating only an instant before coming to the best and picking it up...it just feels...right. Like patting my best saddle horse on the neck and rubbing his nose, or scratching my favorite cow dog behind the ears, or kissing my bride of 40 years good morning......the simple things bring the most pleasure, and so it is with my Lightweight Commander .45......it just feels....right.
Best wishes and may the Lord guide us and keep us, and give us wisdom and courage and a resolute spirit in the days ahead.
Jim

Igor said...

I'm kinds partial to my Enfield Mk4 Mod 1. Good thing I reload, eh?

LSP said...

Nice one, RHT, and you know, I've never shot a '17. Must correct that sometime. And yes, vastly enjoyed shooting your rifle(s)! Remember that trap which, ahem, seemed to shoot better than its modern equivs? Still a bit amazed by that.

LSP said...

Anon, now I want one!

Bless you.

LSP said...

Mr. Igor, there is that.

Used to be able to get all kinds of Lee ammo (Privi, typically) and it was cheap too. I'm afraid those days are gone.

Must get into reloading.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Looking forward to some range time next month after my cataract procedures. Revolver only since the terrible boating accident.

RHT447 said...

"Remember that trap..." Quite. Rest assured that the redoubtable Trapdoor stands ready in my safe, recently consoling the forlorn 1917 that it won't be long now.

Wild, wild west said...

The Rev. Walker advises to buy yourself a shotgun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnhI_ECOAK4

How many of you know that Junior Walker played the sax solo on Foreigner's Urgent?

RHT447 said...

@ WWW-

I do know that. Here's the story--

https://www.saxontheweb.net/threads/junior-walker-urgent-story.224607/

LSP said...

Good luck with the eye thing, WSF, and enjoy that revolver. I used to have many until the wretched canoe capsized.

LSP said...

RHT, I was taken aback by the old Trap! What a great shooter.

LSP said...

Great call, Wild!