Thursday, January 5, 2023

I Like The Look Of This Place

 



Yes, Edinburgh's Royal Scots Club, conveniently situated in New Town. It was set up after World War I as a tribute to the 11,162 Royal Scots who were killed in the conflict and flourishes today, retaining close military association.




Whatever, it has a dining room.




Pleasant. Ladies Side?




Behold tartan.



And a Door.

What a great club and you can imagine the scene. High spirits at the bar and next step? Chucked in the Forth or maybe the Leith. Some of you may have enjoyed just that. That in mind, the DLC has recip rights, obviously.

By the Left,

LSP

8 comments:

Dad of Six said...

Lovely place to have a Guinness (?). Not up on my Scottish beers unfortunately.

Old NFO said...

Interesting club! That would be one to go to just to see the historic items!

LSP said...

It looks good to me, DOS. Maybe a couple of bottles of claret?

LSP said...

I was thinking exactly that, NFO. I'll do a recce in a couple of weeks and report back.

LindaG said...

Wow. Fancy place. But many older places were. Thanks for sharing this with us, Parson.
Be safe and God bless.

LL said...

Are you headed across the pond soon?

LSP said...

It looks very pleasant to me, Linda! Civilized.

LSP said...

That's the plan, LL, end of Jan/early Feb for a few weeks. Join in if you can.