Friday, July 8, 2022

Time To Shoot Again




There it was, another beautiful, clear, already ovenlike morning in country Texas, another day to shoot. This time at Chandler's range just outside of Valley Mills where I RV'd with some church people. Of course I was on a mission to test out yesterday's malfeasant gas gun. Would it work today after yesterday's failure and remedial gas block surgery?



Good question. You'll recall, far-sighted readers, that the gun wouldn't cycle because of an incorrectly aligned gas block and wrong length gas tube, which I corrected. Or had I? First shot. Bang, right in the center of the green terrorist's head, nice, the weapon was on. But no cycle. Dam.




Out came the screw driver, off went the hand guard, and whaddya know, the gas block still wasn't right. Attention to detail, LSP, get it right the first time, enough of your shoddy, useless gunsmithery. That in mind, I nudged the block back over the handy indent in the barrel, tightened it up, fired a test shot, the rifle cycled, phew, and replaced the hand guard.




A few shots later on the head of the green terr proved the rifle was in working order. Mission accomplished. Result. The rest of the morning went on remedial .45 practice, I'm rusty, and plinking about with a .22. Great enjoyment and what a lot of fun to meet with with church friends for a shoot in the clean country air. 




We must build on this worthy endeavor.

Gun Rights,

LSP

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sometimes it IS that simple an issue... Glad you got it sorted, and good shooting!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

An example of why I'm a revolver and bolt ation guy. It may be slow but the weapon goes "bang" every trigger pull.

LSP said...

Thank God that's all it was, NFO. The 'smith should've seen that and so, tbf, should I when I got it. Still, you get what you pay for :) That in mind, the gun's a good 'un. I'll search about for a new optic and a suppressor (!), just coz.

Wild, wild west said...

I fergets who said this but, "the search for accuracy never stops."

LSP said...

I love revolvers and bolt actions. WSF. Way easier to clean, too. And revolvers are cool and mechanical to boot.