Saturday, July 3, 2021

Get On Parade!

 


Years ago, get on parade would've meant lots of stamping, shuffling, as in open order right dress and all of that. These days it means stroll off the porch to cheer on this small country town's 4th of July parade, which was held on the 3rd, today.




Good result. Antique cars, floats, mini-motorcycles, a few horses and ATVs. No kidding, there was a squadron of the things and they weren't shabby. Not at all, and they played music, it went like this: I'm proud to be an American... 




I am, despite a second passport. Good work, boys. That in mind, there's something about a small town parade which I love. Maybe its overall awesomeness, see Randy Newman and beyond.

God bless,

LSP

12 comments:

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Congratulations on another trip around the sun.

drjim said...

Our neighborhood bike parade is Sunday morning. It wasn't last year because of Teh Plague, so I expect all the youngsters in the neighborhood will be out in force.

And free popsicles if you do the route!

Wild, wild west said...

I miss the enthusiasm of my yoot, when a popsicle could make my entire day. I am not improved...

John Adams on Independence Day: "It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more."

Jim said...

I didn't see a parade but I did see this flying around when I was in Wichita yeasterday.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/94/fe/64/94fe647b01fc5f58b19c3fff7c99e39d.jpg

Old NFO said...

Yep, small town Texas...

Adrienne said...

Happy Independence Day, LSP.

(and happy birthday, too)

LSP said...

Thanks, WSF, still standing, by the grace of God...

LSP said...

That's a great result, drjim!

LSP said...

WWW, what a great quote! And yes, sometimes a popsicle hits the spot.

LSP said...

Whoa... Jim. That's very awesome.

LSP said...

That's the one, NFO. And you know, I'm not complaining.

LSP said...

Thank you, Adrienne! And with thy spirit.