Monday, July 22, 2019

Turn Of The Screw



Turn of the screw, as in Epstein starts giving up Clinton state secrets and Comey sings under that good old Horowitz method? We wish, but no, it was all about driving to Waco to get staples out and x-rays on the hip to make sure everything was Trump Train according to plan.

Apparently it was, "Nothing crazy down there," observed an attractive radiologist before sending me upstairs to the staple shop. I grinned back, she was reassuring, and headed out to the next date with destiny.




A bored staple mechanic asked me to "stand over there," so I hopped over to a naugahyde examining couch and stood there, wondering what to do. "Look, I can't take them out if your shorts are in the way." I sorted that out, she set to with a handy pair of pliers and out they popped.

Then another medical professional swung by and gave me the run down. Nothing crazy down there, just three enormous screws holding my bone together. Start putting weight on the leg, exercise the muscles but listen to your body and sure, you can ride again if you're stupid. Do the screws go away? "No, you've bought them, they're yours."

I liked her for that and cleverly didn't say, "Yes, Ma'am, but aren't they a gift from Baylor to the Church?" And that was that. The Recruit wheeled me out of there and taxied us back to the Compound. 




And no, we didn't stop at Waco's fabled Silos. Why? Because they're overpriced rubbish. On a different and happier theme, the youngster ships out to Benning late August.

And that was troublesome to me, hurry up Army! But it's turned out for the best, as it goes. 

Stand firm against Satan's New World Order,

LSP

20 comments:

Brig said...

All you need now is a tattoo...

Glad to hear you are healing nicely, and have the cadet around to help out.

Keeping the faith and fish'n here.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Life will be more interesting going through TSA. Know a professional bull rider that carries X-Rays with him.

LL said...

Yeah, with those screws in place, you should be fine. If you unscrew them, likely not. That's how the world is. We're all just trying to hang on.

Hang in there LSP. Things will get better.

RHT447 said...

Is there a T shirt in your future? "I got screwed at ---" Press on and outlast the bastids.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes LPS......feel your pain! Had a hip replacement a while back...I am "screwed too".
Had fun setting off a few metal detectors....drives the attendants crazy!


Locked and Loaded

LindaG said...

Yup. God knew you would need him a bit longer.
God watch over him in boot camp.
Sounds like you are on the "be careful" part of the mending now, Parson.
Be careful and God bless.

Kid said...

Well, I'VE still got screws, pins And wire in my left leg. And no they don't set off the alarms going through metal detectors, nor do I notice it based on weather or anything else.

Get well quickly sir.

Anonymous said...

Out of curiosity, the screws...flat or cross-headed?

Saw GS and SH at the Captain Kydd last night, both send their best wishes.

Old NFO said...

Concur with RHT, get the t-shirt! :-) Sorry to hear they are permanent, but they ARE better than the option.

Fredd said...

No silo trip while in Waco, but you could have at least stopped by the Branch Davidian compound, right? Take a look around, see how compound life was for those idiots.

Then again, I understand you have a compound all to yourself to return to, limp and all. Just remember: nothing good ever happens on 'compounds.' The Kennedy's also have one, and you know what goes on there: they all play 'hide the case of Scotch.' A favorite of Uncle Teddy's...

LSP said...

Jealous of that fishing, Brig!

LSP said...

I was wondering about that, WSF. Anything to make the nightmare that is flying less of an ordeal than it is already...

LSP said...

LL, I think I'll resist the temptation to dig about with a screwdriver. C'mon leg, heal.

LSP said...

RHT, this fight's not over.

LSP said...

Anon, I wasn't expecting hip surgery when I climbed on the back of a mad Arab the other Friday.

LSP said...

I'll be careful, Linda!

LSP said...

Kid, I've seen x rays of the screw/pin/wire version. That's pretty... next level. Good to know it healed well.

LSP said...

I could really do with an evening at the Kydd, Anon, been far too long. Say hi to G & S and all the crew.

Cross head, I think.

LSP said...

NFO, a t shirt's definitely called for!

LSP said...

I've been to the original Waco compound, Fredd, it's a school now. Then there's the Kennedy compound. I've never been tempted by that, but of course I've got my own.

Epstein's in a compound of sorts too, will he survive?