Monday, January 4, 2016

Epiphany Cheese And Bread



St. Francis in downtown Calgary transferred the Feast of the Epiphany to Sunday, so after Mass I drove out into Calgary like one of the Magi and followed a star to the Co-Op. But not before driving past a new Buddhist(?) monastery. 




You can't tell from my photo, but there seems to be a metal statue of a spider deity in front of it. Spider God, scary heathen juju, I thought to myself.



Safely back in Inglewood, we settled down to a feast of unpasteurized brie, aged cheddar, some sort of blue cheese and freshly baked baguettes. Vicious rumors of a bottle of port have no foundation in reality, whatsoever.




Got to hand it to Canada, they definitely get bread and cheese. Well done, Canadians!

God bless,

LSP

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Cheeeeeeeeeese!!! I love cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

Mattexian said...

Thanks to the wonders of Google Streetview, I saw the "spiders" in front of the Buddhist temple. Puts me more in mind of a minimalist statue of a saltmarsh skeeter, life sized.

LL said...

Those look a bit like English meat pies on the platter. You're not trying to slip those under the radar are you?

LSP said...

Adrienne, I do too.

LSP said...

I was hoping no one would notice, LL.

LSP said...

Interesting, Mattexian. Skeeter Gods...