Thursday, December 28, 2023

New Years Challenge



A few years back and there you have it, I was in 'Nam, Cheltenham. It being New Year's Eve it seemed right to visit some friends, regimental tie and blazer no less. And there we were, "Happy New Year, fella," I offered some massive biker, "Is it, F***r?" came the electric synapse, ultra dopamine quick response.





I looked at the offensive mountain of oily denim, leather, hair and worse and said, "Devil take you and twice as fast." He didn't, fortunately, because the owners, ahem, of the house broke in, "Leave him alone, he's Adolf." And so he did.

Funny thing, I was the last man standing at that biker event, at 4++ in the morning. Lightweights, obviously.

Your Old Pal,

LSP

10 comments:

LL said...

As one who was undercover in the Hessians M/C (West Coast) and who still has the cut, I recall moments like that one.

LSP said...

I threw it in for you, LL.

I tell you, all 6.5 gurillous feet of that fella was gonna "go me".

Then he didn't, biker club consensus said 'leave Adolf alone, he's alright." Pan to double breasted blazer, regimental tie and... all of that.

Quite the New Years Eve stand off.

Wild, wild west said...

A rather unwise man once said that it was by such deeds and misadventures that we are remembered and become Legend.

Paul M said...

Didn't recognize you on the right without your cowboy hat. Heh

LL said...

The DLC is mentioned in dispatches on the New Year's Day blog at VM.

LSP said...

Dear Lord, Wild, I remember a time when the world was young and I stood, somehow, at the top of a flight of stairs in London. The revelers down below looked up and... clapped. Kyrie Eleison.

Whatev, that was a curious NYE and I went to the US the following year. Glad to have ended up in rural Texas, tbh.

LSP said...

Paul, the real adversary was significantly more threatening! Forgive the reminiscence.

LSP said...

Excellent, LL, looking forward to it.

PS. Always enjoyed your biker stories, you'll forgive me for coming in a poor second.

Anonymous said...

Am I understanding correctly that “F***r” was a six-letter word but not “Father”?
Mike_C

LSP said...

It was a close run thing, Mike_C.