Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Just Out in The Field

 



Yes, this is Texas under a glowering sky. Note Cow Barn.




And tractor. I don't know why but Kubotas rule here.




A Shop.




I call this installation "Fence."


We recouped after a hard morning's work, "Wish you'd buy this place, brother, make for a heckuvva range. Put up a big berm by the tanks and off we go." My friend thought about this for perhaps a second as we took it easy on the side of his rig, "Dam! That's what I've been thinking about, berm and boom, shoot out to 450 yards." I agreed, "Right, put up a shooting tower back in the deal and have at it."





A moment of reflective silence and ES went ballistic, "Get going with a .50. But what if the round skips the berm and hits an 18 wheeler on I35?" I thought about it, a .50 BMG lofting out of the target area to power through an engine block on a highway a mile off.


Look, The Climate Changed!


"Utter disaster, my friend," and he agreed, "My wife told me I couldn't buy it, dammit. Dude, stop talking in case I do." And that was that, "Drive safe." I file this exciting story under guns and country life in Texas.

Shoot straight,

LSP

12 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Now imagine it under 18" of snow.
My world.

Ed Bonderenka said...

It would be neat to have to worry about accidentally shooting something over a mile away.

LSP said...

Brrrrr.

LSP said...

Mr. Bonderenka, we make do with what we've got.

BTW, great radio blast fella. Good work.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

That is one stout fence!

Wild, wild west said...

The local range I belong to prohibited 50-cal., back when they first started getting popular. Granted that we are getting some neighbors, the catalyst was the first guy who got one, proceeded to skip his first round over the impact berm.

In front of witnesses.

Who were less than amused, so much so that they showed up at the next club meeting, demanding prohibition. Motion to prohibit, motion seconded, discussion followed, all in favor (almost all present), opposed (1, the 50's owner), motion carried.

Paul M said...

Takes work to make a nice fence. Tractors- orange must be the new green in Texas. Here, MrsPaulM will only have green, and she usually gets what she wants…because she's usually right. But if she wanted something painted red, I’d paint it red because she’s never unreasonable.

Dad of Six said...

Wives can be real wet blankets at times.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Thanks!

LSP said...

I know, WSF! He was particular about fencing.

LSP said...

No joke, Wild. Seriously.

LSP said...

Paul, I don't know why this little slice of rural heaven goes Kubota, but they do. Huh.

Stand fast against the NWO.