Saturday, February 26, 2011

Scouting

moving in the shadows


Set out after a relaxing ride, geared towards foundational work (walk, trot, control around obstacles), to scout out coyotes. Earlier that day I'd asked Bonnie if it was alright to setup and hunt them. She said, "Have at it!" So off I went to see where they were coming into the farm. Nothing like planning ahead, you see.

Coyote Crossing
I figured they were moving into the fields by way of a creek and sure enough they were; crossing the creek, then padding along a trail before heading left towards some cow fields. Probably after calves, or anything else they can sink their teeth into. There'd been a good rain the night before so it was easy to find fresh tracks in the mud.

Tracks
Took a rifle with me in case there were any 'targets of opportunity', which there weren't, so I contented myself with planning a couple of setups and generally enjoying an armed stroll in the countryside. That, in itself, is an excellent thing. I believe it's banned, for the most part, in England.

Will call the beasts in next week, and shoot them.

LSP

10 comments:

bluesun said...

I know there are coyotes that go through here, but the thing that's been worrying me lately is the darn fox who trekked right past our chicken coop...

darlin said...

Sounds to me like you have a good plan laid out, keep us posted how many of the "beasts" you get please.

Have a fantastic week!

LSP said...

The foxes are a right menace. Hunt 'em up. Haven't seen any 'round here, oddly.

God bless.

LSP said...

Darlin - you leave such uplifting comments! Will keep you up to date on the kill ratio...

darlin said...

I think that sometimes I have an angel by my side which prompts me LSP, and if I allow them to do the steering I don't go in the wrong direction! ;-)

The fox can be a real menace, I hope that they just don't get bluesuns chickens. That would be a real shame.

Have a wonderful evening, and God bless.

LSP said...

Angels are strange and powerful creatures...

Foxes? To be hunted!

God bless.

darlin said...

I view angels a bit differently, I agree they are powerful but strange, not one bit. Unexplainable maybe. I find the presence of angels is just like the love of God which I compare to the wind that I know is there but I can't see it. Faith I guess, or belief... both.

Have a great day LSP, and all the best getting those nasty fox!

God bless.

LSP said...

I like the wind analogy Darlin and you've inspired me to do a post on angels!

darlin said...

LSP I'm looking forward to reading your post! I wrote a paper recently on incorporating spirituality into healing practices. I believe that this is a key component in any helping profession to help the client or patient help themselves. If I decide to further my education once I receive this degree and do take the masters or doctorate, then this is where I'll really write a paper on this topic, a thesis. I'm very passionate about what I'm studying yet I find that the spiritual component is missing.

Oh and the paper I did write, my passion shone through. I received 34/35 and it was suggested that I tighten up the essay and submit it for publishing. I was amazed, I still am... however I find that when I write from my heart and turn off the head for a bit, until it's needed for citations, that this happens quite often with my writing.

I anxiously await to read the post on angels! :-) There's also something I want to share with you in regards to angels but will leave that for another moment in time. I have reading to get to for the class I have tonight! Have a fantastic day.

LSP said...

Congrats on the hi-score. I agree about the importance of spirituality in the healing process - well said.

Publish away!

Will put thoughts towards the Angelic Powers.