Tuesday, November 2, 2021

All Souls - New Gun

 


A friend gave me his old, rusting, neglected barn gun today, a Remington 870. It was a mess but the bore was clean enough, so I took the beast home and applied Hoppe's and a bore brush.


Filthy Gopping Mess

You should've seen the rust liquefy off, what a nasty, minging, filthy mess. But what a good result in the end, a clean gun, ready to shoot and do battle against the avian adversary and their clay simulacra.


A Clean Gun Is A Happy Gun

That in mind, say a prayer for the repose of the soul of Ronnie Storrs, it was his gun and he wasn't above using it on people who made the foolish mistake of messing about on his land unannounced.  Well, may he rest in peace and may his 870 find a place in the Compound's armory.


#2A

Have a blessed Feast of All Souls and as always,

Gun Rights.

LSP

13 comments:

RHT447 said...

Huzzah. What a fine home for a fine shotgun. A Remington from the days when they were still Remington.

drjim said...

You used Hoppes #9 to clean the rust off?
I didn't know it would remove rust.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Not only do you salvage souls, you salvage fine machinery! Bravo!

Wild, wild west said...

R.I.P., Ronnie. May you rest with the Angels.

Bob said...

Democrats have a bill now limiting the number of pellets in a shotgun shell to 1. Slugs would be Ok then I guess.

LSP said...

I was thinking just that, RHT. A real Remington. Let's see how it shoots.

LSP said...

It seems to work, drjim. I put on a coat or two, let it rest, then worked off the rust with an old bore brush. Then applied "Hoppes Elite Gun Oil" and did the same thing. Repeat... till the metal was passable. I think the #9 helps lift the rust, but try it and see.

LSP said...

Thanks, WSF! I appreciate that.

LSP said...

He was a good man, WWW.

Old NFO said...

Good shotty!

LL said...

Restoring that shotgun to its glory is like restoring an old painting. Sometimes all it takes is love, time, and a little solvent.

Well done, LSP.

LSP said...

Let's see how it shoots, NFO. It seems, I think, a more efficient design than the Mossberg 500 etc but... I'm no expert.

LSP said...

Right on, LL. I appreciate that.