Saturday, March 27, 2021

Stations of the Cross and Benediction

 



"It's almost that time of year, LSP, can you you help out?" asked the Rector of St. Matthias. I zeroed in, like a thermal on a hog, "You'd like me to give a Lent talk? Sure, count me in," and took the last Friday of the course.

My job was to drive to the Metrosprawl yesterday and comment on the last sentence of the Apostles Creed after assisting at Stations of the Cross. Which I did, contrasting the fear, uncertainty and deceit of the world with the boldly asserted truth of the Creed. 


Thurifer, get down!

Then came Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament,  Therefore we, before him bending, this great Sacrament revere; types and shadows have their ending, for the newer rite is here; faith, our outward sense befriending, makes our inward vision clear.

A blessing, and it was good to be back at St. Matthias and its people. The Metrosprawl? Fun to visit Ma LSP's HQ and have dinner with her and BW. Less fun to see all the mask zombies wandering about with their made in China talismans covering their faces, voluntarily


"I say, what's that?" "We call it a 'laptop' LSP."

They proudly "follow the science" even though the scientific language on the Chinese mask boxes says, quite specifically, that the facial wares enclosed don't protect the wearer from viruses. You'll remember Goebbels:


If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

 

He and Magda poisoned their beautiful young children, and then killed themselves as the truth caught up with their lie at the end of the war. Death and destruction, perhaps especially of children, are the hallmarks of the People of the Lie and their Father, who was a murderer from the beginning.


The Ninth Station, Jesus falls for the third time


Compare and contrast that to the God-given truth and life of the Creed.

Your Friend,

LSP

16 comments:

RHT447 said...

"Voluntarily".

I steeled myself for a trip to Wally World the other day, only because they had the specific eye drops recommended by my eye doc for my upcoming cataract surgery. There was no signage at either entrance about masks. I conducted my purchase without a mask, passing by several store employees. I never got a second glance. I saw one other person without a mask. Masks everywhere, in the store, walking through the parking lot, driving alone in vehicles. All these masked folks wandering the aisles in search of stuff that is likely stuck sideways in the Suez Canal. Is there a lesson there?

The best one was a sandwich board on the sidewalk outside another shop. On it was a large image of a sheep standing in an open field, wearing a mask. The caption read, "C'mon, they're not that baaaaad".

I may have mentioned that I was stationed on the outskirts of Nürnberg In the mid 70's. I made it a point to go to what is left of Zeppelinfeld and stand on the podium where Hitler stood. At the time, I did not fully grasp just how the Third Reich came about. Now, I'm watching it play out in real time.

Stand firm, lads.

drjim said...

I remember doing the Stations of the Cross many times, especially on Good Friday. I didn't "get it" then like I do now, but I was a child.

Now I've put a child's things away.....

LSP said...

The Stations grow in power, drjim. I've noticed that.

LSP said...

Well said, RHT.

STAND FIRM.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Fellowship in the Body, and being able to see a smile.

LL said...

Religious tradition is a form of education that the woke despise. When you find somebody despising Christ, you know that they are progressive. One goes with the other.

jdbresumes said...

I'm not a member of the "faith," as it were, but my late husband was and in the year or two before he died, we did "the whole nine yards" of Easter Week (he was actually shocked when I requested we attend church every day that week!) - and I have been ever grateful for that very meaningful experience! Our faith in the One Great and Almighty God binds all of us together - and reading again (UGH!) "The Big Lie" by Goebbels (and remembering what he did to his family!) was a sharp reminder that Truth and Faith are powerful and wonderful "weapons," if you will, that will (or, at least, should!) gird us for the Life and Death struggle in which we are engaged from the moment we are born (in fact, while we're still in the womb!)

LSP said...

It's a great thing, Ed, that's for sure.

LSP said...

Funny how that works, LL.

Old NFO said...

ah yes, Palm Sunday. And LL is dead on...

LSP said...

jdb, you'll have to pardon me for posting the repellent Goebbels, but it seemed apposite. I look, from time to time, at the photos of his young children and wonder -- how could you do that? Such utter, demonic wickedness. Well, they're in heaven now.

And well done you for that Holy Week!

LSP said...

I'd agree, NFO, in the X Ring. And Holy Week is upon us.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

San Luis, CO has a 3/4 mile trail of Stations of the Cross. While I'm not of the faith, walking the trail and seeing the faithful in their observations is uplifting. Finding something like that in an obscure corner of an equally obscure region makes for serious contemplation.

LSP said...

I think you posted that, WSF, some time back. Powerful.

RHT447 said...

So as alluded to above, my left eye got it's new lens today. Right eye next week. I am happy to report uncorrected vision is much improved already, and is expected to keep improving over the next few days.

As forecast, colors are brighter too. Just like the laundry commercial, whites are indeed whiter. Even me, in the mirror. Hunh. Who knew.

My new lens(s) are racist.

LSP said...

Congrats, RHT! And yes, most definitely racist.