Friday, December 20, 2019

Welcome Home!



The Private flew in from the Army in Georgia today, where he's doing AIT at Fort Gordon. He likes the Army a lot and finds it better than being a bassist in a Scandinavian Death Metal band, awesome as that is.




On the way from the airport to an RV with fast food, the youthful defender of the nation's freedom regaled me with tales of training and poured scorn on our country's enemies in Congress. Seems like the Army's for 45, unsurprisingly.




Then, multiple dollar menu items later we fell back to Ma LSP's redoubt and the kid took a well deserved sleep. The Blue guarded.

I tell you, I'm proud of my eldest son, he's come a very long way. We'll be flying to the land of the ice and snow, Canada, on Boxing Day.

Go Army,

LSP

15 comments:

Brig said...

You have every right to be proud, and so does he from the sound of it. Glad to see that he gets to spend time with you & the family for Christmas.
Have a Blessed Christmas.

LSP said...

Thanks, Brig. And same to you!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Fit looking young man!

LSP said...

He is, WSF. Well done, boy!

He's smart and works out on base as well as the usual PT...

Borepatch said...

Not many things beat Scandinavian Death Metal. Well done to the young man.

Jim said...

Looks like the army suits him. I bet he's glad to get away from messhall chow though.

Adrienne said...

Oh my - he looks so much like his daddy. Lucky him! Nice to have him home for Christmas.

drjim said...

Well done to father and son!

Good to hear our military supports our President.

Anonymous said...

He makes you look short.

LSP said...

Thanks, Borepatch. He's done well so far, quite a thing. And yes, SDM raises the bar pretty high...

LSP said...

Jim, he certainly is!

LSP said...

It really is, Adrienne, and it's been a bit of a "journey," but the Army agrees with him thank God.

I think he has my face, pretty much, but with his Uncle's ears. Odd how that goes. The younger one's different again.

LSP said...

Thanks, drjim, I appreciate that and so does the erstwhile Cadet.

And for sure, his crew are all for 45.

LSP said...

Anon, I know! Of course he's a sensible 6.3++ to my 5.9. Short legs, you see.

Infidel de Manahatta said...

Congratulations. And justifiably proud of your son!

But Death metal? My nephew is a drummer for a death metal band in Georgia.

Kids and their wacky music! Why in my day we listened to classical music. And by classical I of course mean The Who and Led Zep.