Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Horse Latitudes

Left the big city this morning to get back to the country and some riding. All well and good; there I was in the paddock practicing posting and two point. Very nice and only natural to move on from there to bigger and better things, like galloping - fast. So I did, faster and faster and faster and Bang! There I am on the dirt with a thunder of hooves about the head. 

Horse 1, LSP 0.

Trainer deeply impressed by "rodeo".

Nothing broken bar pride.

Stay in the saddle.

LSP

1 comment:

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

I had a similar incident after visiting my new born daughter in hospital. Riding too fast for the road surface I slapped my scooter down on the ground, which while painful at least wasn't too bad. I had to tell a concerned on looker 'really it's OK all the bruising is my ego'

SBW