Sunday, August 7, 2022

A Good Sunday

 



After spirited, uplifting Sunday worship we ended up at Fort Hood's training grounds. Well, one of the entrances to the thing, and there it was, big Texas under a big sky and enough space for big Army III Corps to do its not inconsiderable thing, and then some.




The kid's proud to be part of that and fair play to him, I would be too, "Look, dad, this is where we ruck, and check out the 15 yard sight-in ranges, dead on at 300." Several motor pool drive-bys and a pit stop for food later we landed at the home of 57th Expeditionary Signals BN  (Enhanced) and that was that, "Train hard, think positive, fight easy," I offered by way of UKLF inspirational cozy farewell, and was met with a grin.




What a good result and what a good Sunday. The Sacred Mysteries offered, ite missa est, a son fast becoming a man under the watchful and doubtless patient eyes of good Command, thank you NCOs and Officers, and Fort Hood itself. Great result.

Next time I'll visit some of the post's museums, stay tuned.

God bless,

LSP

10 comments:

LL said...

Yes, the tour was too brief, but it's a blog. I'm happy to see John blossoming. It's all coming together.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Wow, that place is flat.

LindaG said...

God bless and keep all safe.

Dad of Six said...

A day well spent.

LSP said...

It's true, LL, gotta keep it short. But I'll post on the museums, pretty neat.

J's done well so far, keep it going, fella.

LSP said...

It is, WSF, but to the left (off frame) the landscape opens up into tall limestone bluffs. Pretty neat.

LSP said...

Thanks, Linda, and with thy spirit.

LSP said...

It sure was, DOS. Great result.

Wild, wild west said...

Could have been me, 50-years ago. My, my, wherever does the time go?

I hope he's having the time of his life, like I did, and is taking lots of pics. I don't think it possible for a young troop to take enough pics, but I hope he's trying.

LSP said...

Wild, he's not very good about that, annoyingly. It's all I can do to get pics from the boy. Well, there it is.

Very pleased at his progress so far, Hood's been good for him, and also a very good thing he signed on for 6. Getting out after 3 would've been far too young, imo, and I've told him that. This way he can get a degree, maybe go green to gold and get out with some good advantage. Captain Junior LSP, we live vicariously :)

But my, how those years fly by, eh?