Friday, August 19, 2022

Italy

 



Go figure, everyone's in Italy, living large and escaping the beautiful strip malls and flyovers of our cultural ascendancy for something else, and who can blame them? 

I texted an old music buddy, who's set up in an Italian castle, "Maybe they need to turn that town square into a parking lot. Ffs, get onnit." He clicked between contracts and replied, "Look. Castle ceiling. Standard." Have a look:




Huh. But that's not all. Ma LSP and several sisters are in Italy, living it up on the Adriatic. I guess Texas wasn't good enough, they just had to go one better:



Feeling badly left out, I drove through Italy but didn't stop. Let the reader understand.



Italy Texas, a fine place to be. Then there's this town, where the kids are staying:



So unattractively awful, why hasn't this been torn down and turned into a strip mall? I mean to say, what's wrong with these people? As we reflect on that, here's a castle garden.



Soothing, don't you think?

LSP

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

Wait! What?? Ma LSP went to Italy and didn't invite moi? I'm crushed...

Wild, wild west said...

Italy, ha. Also London, Paris, Edinburg and a whole bunch of other places all 'round Texas. But remember them Feat will steer you wrong sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6wUaXMvbT8

Ed Bonderenka said...

Life's tough.

JC said...

My junior son (Semper Fi!) and my brother are in Italy as I type. Rome, then Paris, and wandering for a week or so.

Infidel de Manahatta said...

So you've been to Italy, Texas. But have you been to Paris Texas? Otherwise known as "The City of light (singular).

LSP said...

Adrienne, I apologize!

I wasn't invited either, grrrrr.

LSP said...

Wild!

Now you're talkn.

LSP said...

I know, Ed.

Dam, where's my castle?!?

Must obvs work harder.

LSP said...

That's weird, Infidel, haven't been to Texan Paris. Must correct that.

Italy had a walk in model of the Enterprise spaceship. They tore it down, fools.

LL said...

Rumor has it that Jules is headed to Italy once she's finished with Switzerland. I don't know if she will stay at a castle, but I wouldn't put it past her.