“Leftwing people find it very hard to get on with rightwing people, because they believe that they are evil. Whereas I have no problem getting on with leftwing people, because I simply believe that they are mistaken.”
Note Scruton's cool hair.
Scruton is a hero.
LSP
3 comments:
There is a very similar quote in the USA: "The right thinks the left is wrong on policy, the Left thinks that the right are evil and need to die". I am paraphrasing and cannot attribute the quote to anyone in particular, but I've heard it for 20+ years. Maybe us Yanks lifted it from Scruton, or perhaps great minds think alike.
Truth.
Which is why the right will ultimately loose. A girl I grew up with and I recently parted ways after 40 years of friendship over this. After telling her that I didn’t care about crying illegals getting sent back to their places of origin, she said that I will be one of those who will have everything taken from me and be thrown in prison after the left re-takes power.
When someone tells you who they are, believe them. There will be no co-existing with these people.
Post a Comment