Sunday, December 20, 2020

News From Korea


 

For those interested, the PFC's doing well in Korea keeping the ravening Bolshevik hordes in check and went snow boarding the other day, courtesy of his battalion. He described the adventure thus:

"Dad, the Battalion sent us snow boarding last week."

"Well that's awesome."

"It was, and we were pretty high up, on a 400 foot slope. I went down at the same time as the Sergeant and looked over at him. What happens is that you go where you look, so I beelined across the mountain like a missile."

"And hit the Sergeant?"

"Yes, right on target! But all cool. He laughed. They filmed it."




Who knows, maybe we'll get to see that video, stay tuned. In other news, we talked about Solar Winds, rioting, insurrection, civil war and all of that. His response? "Put a Bradley on the street and watch those fkrs go down."

He has a point, and LL commented on the soldier's words in a reply to a post I took down because it didn't seem fair to leave you, the reader, with House of Pain on a Sunday. And I quote: "Nobody can doubt John's eloquence or his positive mental attitude." Well said.




And well done, kid. Sorry you can't come home for Christmas because of the scamdemic.

God bless,

LSP

15 comments:

SgtBob said...

Korea is cold beyond a Texan's imagination from now through February. I started my tour at age 19 in 1965; my oldest son was all of 18 when he arrived there in 1995. The 30-year difference, sometimes seemed as though he and I were in different countries. Your son is getting an experience like no other. God bless him and his fellow soldiers.

Adrienne said...

I can't get over how much he looks like you. Lucky kid.

Yep - he's getting a world class education.

Hope he didn't hurt his sergeant too badly.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Good to hear he is thriving.

drjim said...

I'm sure he'll never forget the memories he's making.

God Bless him, and all our troops.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Thank God for guys like him.

Wild, wild west said...

Kinda late to be thinking about this, but...…..

Is there anything we can get together and send him?

Mattexian said...

One of my cousins was a fresh Butterbar a couple of decades ago, and called his dad and mom that Christmas from Korea, told them he'd celebrated the holiday in the Lieutenants' snowball fight. Several years later he was sharing his accrued military wisdom back at West Point.

LSP said...

Thanks, Sgt. I'll pass that on.

LSP said...

He's definitely my son, Adrienne! He made a good choice with the Army.

LSP said...

WSF, I know being a guitarist in a death metal band is pretty cool but I think went down a better route...

LSP said...

Most definitely, drjim, and thanks for that benediction.

LSP said...

For sure, Ed. Keep 'em in your prayers.

LSP said...

That's really good of you, WWW. He'd like that a lot, even if it's post Christmas. Send me an email: lonestarparson@gmail.com

God bless.

LSP said...

I miss the snow, Mattexian, but like being able to grill out in December too. Hmmmmm.

LindaG said...

Glad to hear your son is doing well. I did my year '87-'88. Good times then, too.
A couple mink blankets on the bed and I was toasty warm in the winter.

You all be safe. Merry Christmas and God bless you all.