Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gone to the Dogs

There's a good new tradition here - ecumenical dog trials, which take place at the local Cowboy Church's arena. Our Mission provided the food; pulled pork and brisket today and very tasty it was too.


So was the canine action, with plenty of sharp work between the hooves. The average score came in at around 7 minutes and 30 points, with the best achieving double that in the same time. I'd say the skills are similar but it's altogether more high energy than the sheep variant, not that there's anything wrong with that either.


After the dogs it was down to the hospital to visit the sick, say Evening Prayer then visit the horses. They seemed well; I'm looking forward to working with the new mare tomorrow after Mass.

Cheers,

LSP

4 comments:

bluesun said...

At first I read "Say evening prayer with the horses," and I was going to ask what denomination they were, but then I realized my mistake.

LSP said...

That's a very good point Bluesun - from what I can gather, the horses are mostly Roman Catholic. They look askance on my Orders...

Cheers.

BO's OilSpillBlog said...

That sure looks like a lot more fun than gushing oil into the Gulf ... and beyond. Tell you what: If BO ever plugs my damn hole, sign me up for those trials.

LSP said...

BO OSB -- I will, for sure.