Sunday, August 6, 2017

Transfiguration



It's the Feast of the Transfiguration today and I hope you all made it safely out of cuddlespace and into church. Here's St. Gregory the Great, commenting on the Voice which was heard from the cloud of divine glory that descended upon Christ on the holy mountain.

"Hear ye Him," therefore, unhesitatingly, in Whom I am throughout well pleased, and by Whose preaching I am manifested, by Whose humiliation I am glorified; because He is "the Truth and the Life ," He is My "Power and Wisdom." "Hear ye Him," Whom the mysteries of the Law have foretold, Whom the mouths of prophets have sung. "Hear ye Him," Who redeems the world by His blood, Who binds the devil, and carries off his chattels, Who destroys the bond of sin, and the compact of the transgression. Hear ye Him, Who opens the way to heaven, and by the punishment of the cross prepares for you the steps of ascent to the Kingdom? Why tremble ye at being redeemed? why fear ye to be healed of your wounds? Let that happen which Christ wills and I will. Cast away all fleshly fear, and arm yourselves with faithful constancy; for it is unworthy that ye should fear in the Saviour's Passion what by His good gift ye shall not have to fear even at your own end.




Somehow we get the impression that Gregory wouldn't look too kindly on the Gender Swapping Unicorn Cult (GSUC) that passes for so much of latter day religion.

O GOD, who on the mount didst reveal to chosen witnesses thine only-begotten Son wonderfully transfigured, in raiment white and glistering; Mercifully grant that we, being delivered from the disquietude of this world, may be permitted to behold the King in his beauty, who with thee, O Father, and thee, O Holy Ghost, liveth and reigneth, one God, world without end. Amen.

Have a blessed Feast,

LSP

8 comments:

LL said...

I was going to whip up a tuna sandwich with potato chips and a cut up apple for lunch (my effort at a feast). BUT after that, I'm going to have to come up with a more impressive meal because of the transfiguration and all.

Don't 'cooking with LSP' me with your delightful dove or quail poppers or your BBQ'd steak, because whatever I eat won't be as worthy of a feast.

Jules said...

You shoulda said. I've had to make do with a Ploughmans lunch and a packet of Monster Munch.

Adrienne said...

Feast: Butter chicken in my Instant Pot over jasmine rice (also Instant Pot.)

LSP said...

I like the sound of that ploughmans, Jules. Nice.

LSP said...

Now I want some butter chicken, Adrienne. Tasty.

LSP said...

Not to worry, LL. All I've had so far was macaroni and cheese, nothing fancy. Now those steaks sound interesting...

LindaG said...

All I can say is Amen.

LL said...

If I had a fried pie store near by, I would have bought one (fresh and hot) and put vanilla ice cream on it. The last time that happened at the compound, Blue Avenger's body was taken over by a pie demon and he ate yours. Thus you need to be on guard when you do that.