Friday, March 30, 2012

Huge Hat Small Gun

some fool with a hat
Sometimes extremely large hats seem to go together with smallish guns... but I just got back from a preaching engagement in Dallas. The theme? The two thieves who were crucified alongside Our Lord. They serve as types of sinful humanity and were bad outlaws, which is why they were crucified. One repents, so there's hope for us all.

When I was invited to speak at this Lenten series and told that the theme was on various aspects of the Stations, I said, "Sure, I'll talk on the thieves." The Senior Warden looked at me and said, "I thought you would."

I find that vaguely unsettling.

God bless,

LSP

4 comments:

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

This pic will strike fear into the hearts of Andy J and Mike T - I just thought you were having fun and wisely protecting yourself from the sun.

Stop wandering off - get back to the porch project

SBW

LSP said...

Very true -- the sun can be very fierce. Hence hat. And fun.

But not to worry, the project continues!

darlin said...

That's quite the photo, I have mixed emotions on this one. I had to laugh at the response from the Senior Warden, that's awesome I think! :-) Have a wonderful week LSP!

LSP said...

I know, Darlin. It's a perplexing comment...

Have a blessed Holy Week.