Sunday, August 23, 2026

Women In The Military

 



You know the argument and I've heard it many times too, chicks in uniform lower physical standards, feminize their units, emasculate the men, make them pathetically unwarworthy and are generally disastrous, like trannies but maybe less so. OK, point, but leaving aside Soviet snipers, what about Princess Louise Victoria? What about her?




Are you trying to tell me that HRH Victoria shouldn't wear the uniform of the Death's Head Hussars? Surely not. If the tunic fits. But maybe you think Princess Cecille is pickelhaube too much? Go right ahead and think that, here she is, on right:




The evidence mounts, I'd argue, that women should be part of the armed forces, albeit of noble degree, and you'll note Melania's the Hon. COL of the DLC. More seriously, World War I wrecked a civilization at its high point. What an utter disaster. Save what you can while the going's good, see London Clubs.




Arma virumque cano,

LSP

7 comments:

  1. I got to hear my assistant NCOIC get impregnated in the support van just after shift change by her Tropo husband that would bounce in from an off site mission during Desert Shield.

    FYI: if you hang your blouse on the point to point comms to set off transmit then everybody hear's what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tsquared, there are issues, I'm aware of that.

      Delete
    2. Crusty Old TV Tech here. I bet the order wire was superheated after that!

      Delete
  2. She was serving her country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crusty Old TV Tech here. Royals aside, no. Just no. Old pilot wisdom overheard in the 70's, "They've changed the cockpit into the box office!". See Hultgreen-Currie Syndrome. One gal can change a TDY from an antenna install to a competition, see who can impress the sweet (!) young A1C fastest. No thanks. Been there, seen that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many young women join the military for the same reason men do; trying to improve their lot in life. More power to them.

    ReplyDelete