Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The Pancakes



Terrifying, isn't it. That's right, the prospect of not one but two pancake suppers and such is life, here in the syrup marathon that is Shrove Tuesday Lspland.  A kind of Pre-Lenten penance if you like, but to be honest I always enjoy myself.

They're a good crew at the Missions and this year was fun, with everyone getting together to blast away at pancakes, bacon and sausage. Of course it'd mean something beyond an opportunity for church scoff if people actually fasted during Lent or at all, ever. But hardly anyone does.




Big mistake, not least because Christ himself recommends it by example and instruction, certain demons can only be cast out by prayer and fasting.

And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief... Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. (Matt.17: 18-21)




Speaking of demons, one of them didn't get elected in 2016 and it's been howling, shrieking and gnashing its teeth ever since.

God bless,

LSP

10 comments:

LL said...

I think that pancakes (and associated meats) are good for the soul. If that was not the case, churches wouldn't host pancake breakfasts. I always put extra butter on them before I dump syrup on them. I don't eat pancakes often BUT if I'm going to eat them, I'll do it the way I enjoy most.

Has anyone seen Hillary eat pancakes at a pancake breakfast? No, I think not.

COULD IT BE that demons hate pancakes?

drjim said...

I just read The Olde Crone has declared she's NOT running for POTUS2020.....

And yes, home-made (or Church Mom made) pancakes are GREAT!

Jim said...

I'm all for pancakes, especially if the syrup is genuine tree sap. I'm also looking forward to the upcoming fish fries.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Grew up eating sourdough pancakes. No thanks to you, LSP, now have a craving. Need to go to the Double Clutch Truck Stop for breakfast.

LindaG said...

Do you think she finally understood that even the demonrats don't want her?

I love pancakes, but not with mushy middles.

LSP said...

I hadn't thought of the Hillary angle, LL. But now that you mention it, everything fits. Some people have been calling for an exorcism and I don't blame them. Go right ahead, with the warning that it'll be long, dangerous and hard.

Suicide is a demonic hallmark, curiously.

LSP said...

The Old Crone can't seem to make up her mind on that one, drjim, but I hope she runs.

The pancakes were good!

LSP said...

Jim, we need to get fish fries together here. It's important and it's not like there's any shortage of fish. And for sure, real maple is best.

LSP said...

Sorry, WSF!

LSP said...

Linda, I don't think she can up, it's like some kind of addiction or disease. Scary, eh?