Thursday, February 22, 2018

Deluge



Thunder and lightning cracked the sky, shaking the house while  sleet whipped against its weathered wooden walls. That's right, thundersleet, the opening salvo of a Scandanavian death metal band and all at zero dark thirty.




I had to shout at Alexa, Alexa Jones, "ALEXA, TURN OFF WHITE RABBIT." What was the point; you couldn't hear Grace Slick anyway, over the fury of the elements.




One cup of hot tea later, the team was in the rig and advancing to contact through the flooded streets of this once tranquil rural Texan haven. Good thing we had a truck. Then, at an obligatory stop for coffee at the Shamrock Pick 'n Steal, the thundersleet crashed down.




BOOM. It was like a sledgehammer or the Russian guns on the Oder front. But the barrage subsided after an earsplitting frenzy. I reassured the cowering Pick 'n Stealers, stand steady! all the while calmly sipping coffee from a Yeti mug. You can't show fear, it spreads panic.

Then it was back to the Compound through the flood. Armed? Better believe it.


LSP

10 comments:

Fredd said...

Looks like we are heading towards a more sane future, Reverend. When you offer $20,000 per year extra for what would amount to 'combat pay,' for school employees to conceal carry, I think we will have hardened schools in every district in the land.

To a teacher making $45K a year, an extra twenty large is serious, serious scratch; there will be no shortage of volunteers. And when cowards like Nikolas Cruz or Adam Lanza whip out their AR-15 or Bushmaster in the classroom, they can count on getting taken out in short order by meek little Miss Grundy, who greases the scumbags with a .44 Mag with hollow points.

I like where all this is going, personally.

LL said...

Blue Oyster Cult urged, "Don't Fear the Reaper!"

Both Odin and Thor fear Blue Companion Cavalry.

What could possibly go wrong?

Anonymous said...

Why pay someone to carry, better to encourage school employees to conceal carry by offering a $250,000 reward for dropping a live shooter in an educational establishment.

LindaG said...

Glad you all came through safely, Parson.

LSP said...

Fredd,I like your math but I'm a little surprised. .357 Magnum, surely or have you moved from the ONE gun to another?

Saying that, I've been casting a eye at a couple of 2nd hand S&W 44 Magnums. I know, I know, I'm not teacher in a public school but I still think I should have one.

LSP said...

LL, you're right on target.

DON'T FEAR THE REAPER.

Blue ME 262 is in full agreement, then again I've given him a "Triple Action Protein Stick," so everything's on the table.

LSP said...

Rewards are important, Anon, and you'll remember they did what was left of the Empire well during the Malaysian Mutiny. So why not here? Good point.

LSP said...

By the grace of God, Linda!

Fredd said...

Don't get me wrong, Reverend. I love my .357 Mag, and it's loaded with hollow points, too. But there is not a gun out there that is more gorgeous to just look at than a nickel plated Smith and Wesson Model 29 .44 Mag, with walnut grips. It's a sight to behold, especially if you are the bad guy staring at the big meaty hole at the end of that barrel. Breath taking, as they say.

I used to have a Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag, 8" barrel, double action beast. It hurt my hand shooting it after a dozen rounds. After awhile, I would flinch each time I pulled the trigger, and that's no way to hit anything if you are not completely comfortable with the operation of the weapon.

That's why I down sized to the .357 Mag. It's just more comfortable, and it still puts big gorey holes in bad guys if they threaten me or my loved ones. But I still admire those .44 Mags, they are awesome.

LSP said...

I like the S&W Magnum a lot, Fredd, no doubt about about it. And the Ruger Redhawk's neat too.

Of course the .44 Mag is a right cannon, which is appealing. I want one. I also like S&W's .460 Mag. A beast if ever there was one.

I know this from experience, thanks to LL.

He bought one to go bear hunting with.

I'm a willing convert to wheelgun genius.