Thursday, February 11, 2016

Country Life in Texas, Part Something or Other



Things started off well. Get up with the dawn, walk the dog, drink some coffee, say Morning Prayer and then go for a ride. That meant driving out to my friend's ranch near Aquilla and meeting up with him and two youngsters. I met them riding down the ranch road and told them I'd catch up, and that's what happened. Tack up and gallop.



As always, it was beautiful to ride out in the morning sun and I enjoyed myself weaving in and around the mesquites and going through the gaits. The kids had fun too, though at a more sedate pace. Thanks a lot, RP, for the riding hospitality.




Ride over, I stopped to get some coffee on the way home and learned that a churchperson was very sick in hospital. So I made a swift turnaround and drove to Waco, but not before taking a picture of my neighbor's peacock. It's one of several and likes to roost in the trees when not shrieking with a high and crazed insanity.




The day finished appropriately, with Stations of the Cross, and that's just the way it is.

God bless,

LSP


11 comments:

LL said...

Now that you're an arch priest, I think that you need your own remuda of horses. It should go with the turf.

Fredd said...

An arch priest? Isn't that the gig that Father Guido Sarducci of SNL fame was always whining about not getting, what with the red tape and all?

LSP said...

It most certainly should, LL!

LSP said...

I may not be an archpriest, Fredd, but LL is definitely a Vicar General.

LL said...

Father Guido Sarducci...now there's a name that I haven't heard for a very long time. He provided spiritual solace to an entire nation - the ultimate televangelist on SNL.

LL said...

P. S. - My CD of "Rebel Son" singing "Bury me in Southern Ground" arrived and I pulled the music onto the computer and into the cloud (i-pad/i-pod/i-phone). Would you like me to mail it to you? No problem if you have your own copy now but if you haven't taken the plunge, let me know.

LSP said...

That'd be great, thanks, LL. I like that song.

Mattexian said...

I met the Father Guido once... Ok, I saw him once... Ok, I saw someone doing his shtick, cracking jokes with a trio of bathing-suit-clad ladies at the Budweiser trailer at Westfest, many, many years ago.

LSP said...

I think I must have been in England during his tenure...

darlin said...

Now that's real country living LSP and when they give you your own horses I do believe it's time for LL and I to come for a visit and see who falls off the horse first! ;-) Or does the Vicar General already know how to ride?

Cheers.

LSP said...

The VG's a horseman, Darlin, though I think that's more of an iron horseman lately...