Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Mighty Brazos


After Mass this morning, I checked out the Brazos below lake Whitney. Normally the river is very low and quiet at this point, but today it was a mighty flood in full stream.



A large part of me thinks it'd be neat to take a kayak into the current and go for an adventure, but for that I'd need a kayak. Perhaps I should get one.



I guess we can blame our old enemy, Global Warming Climate Change, or The Weather, for the flooded river.



This put me in mind of fire and movement as I walked back to my truck. Where would you put your gun group, LSP? I asked myself, while considering various skirmishing options and cover. No easy task; after all, you never know when and where The Weather will strike.



I noticed a "no firearms allowed" sign as I weighed up potential tactical threats and opportunities. That made no sense to me at all.

Happy Flag Day,

LSP 

2 comments:

LL said...

You can rent kayaks...

Brig said...

Kayaks are great fun. Where was the no firearms sign? I haven't ever seen one, I must be too far North...