Saturday, December 14, 2013

Good Day Against the Clay

Skeet

Urged on by belligerent open carry posts and a break in the icy blast that is climate change, I span out to the fields for some head-to-head action with our ancient enemy, White Flyer skeet. I shot reasonably well, partly because I remembered to aim, which helps when you're shooting things. Just a lot of shotgun fun, blasting the clays out of the sky.

Tailgating

After that I turned on the next opponent, a circular steel plate, swinging threateningly from a metal trestle. I shot that any number of times with a Beretta PX4 Storm .45, mostly from around 18 or 20 yards. Pure explosive enjoyment and something I need to do more of, especially now that .45 ACP has gone down in price.

Beretta PX 4

For me, shooting is for sport, and it's a good one too. For others it's also a matter of self-defense; I guess they'd be "Chaplain's Assistants."

gunman

Shoot safe and God bless,

LSP





2 comments:

Mad Padre said...

Not blue skeets for Advent, Parson?

LSP said...

Good call, MP! Very Sarum use.

Hope all's well in Alberta -- stay safe in the freeze.