Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday


Being in a mood to live out my own small slice of the American Dream, I figured I'd better go out and buy something on Black Friday. I wasn't sure what to expect, maybe there'd be fierce Drudge inspired mobs of people in a shopping frenzy, getting ready to "kick off", as some of my English friends might say.



So I went to the local Dallas Best Buy to find some action and sure enough, there were plenty of people buying things. No riots though, even the cops standing guard at the door seemed full of good spirits, as were the shoppers. I tried to find a Digital Audio Converter (DAC) and failed, then browsed around the hi-fi -- audio's really moved on in the past few years, leaving me sadly out of date. Maybe I'll save up the money and upgrade the stereo, I thought to myself, and didn't buy anything.



Puchaseless, I cruised around the barrio in the truck, wondering at the Lexus in front of me. Redistribute the wealth, yo.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and, of course, Feast of St. Clement.

Cheers,

LSP

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

You're a brave man, LSP.

About that Lexus? I'm ticked. I don't have a Lexus

LSP said...

It wasn't too bad, fortunately.

No shortage of Lexus Libs in Dallas -- share the wealth!

darlin said...

LSP I too am purchaseless from our Black Friday sales, nothing really grabbed my attention. However today I found some new car mats on sale, does that count?

I agree, share the wealth, I could also be seen in a Lexus. ;-)

Have a wonderful week!

LSP said...

Car mats definitely count, Darlin. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Also very interesting is the Episcopal School of Dallas sticker on the car. Betcha money the inhabitants go to Transfig.

LSP said...

And the bets are on!

Anon, I'll wager my fighting monkey against any three of their priestesses that you're right.